is there a right or wrong way to make tea/coffee

Started by alfred, July 26, 2022, 08:04:21 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

I say this as from time to time i seem to read of some one or other who has decided
that we've been making our tea/coffee all wrong then up comes another persons idea of the perfect cuppa

Q; so what's your idea of how to make the perfect brew and will you share your idea with us,

Raven

Again I'm fussy, I don't drink tea unless it's fruit tea. Coffee I whip up the coffee and milk into a froth before adding the boiling water.

Scrumpy

Morning tea with breakfast I make in a teapot.. I put milk in last.. no sugar..
I have one cup of coffee a day.. Boiled skimmed milk.. little bit of sugar..
I do have a thing that can froth up milk but can't be arsed to use it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

four or five cups of tea a day, semi-skimmed milk, no sugar, using tea bags - can't be bothered with anything more complicated. Couple of cups of instant coffee - again, milk, no sugar. Perhaps three times a week a cappuccino in the evening
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 26, 2022, 09:51:18 AMMorning tea with breakfast I make in a teapot.. I put milk in last.. no sugar..
I have one cup of coffee a day.. Boiled skimmed milk.. little bit of sugar..
I do have a thing that can froth up milk but can't be arsed to use it..

Mine sits along with a teaspoon on a Spoonrest beside the kettle. I whip the coffee n milk while I'm waiting on the kettle to boil. Once whipped I rinse it under the tap and leave it on the drain board, takes a few seconds.  :grin:

Alex

If it's in a teapot, then milk goes in first. If it's just a teabag in a cup then milk goes in last.  :grin:
Coffee ! now all this talk of froth and boiled milk is sacrilege, coffee should be strong, black, with cream or cold milk added if preferred. It should then be inhaled before drinking.  :grin:

Raven

Quote from: Alex on July 26, 2022, 10:54:00 PMIf it's in a teapot, then milk goes in first. If it's just a teabag in a cup then milk goes in last.  :grin:
Coffee ! now all this talk of froth and boiled milk is sacrilege, coffee should be strong, black, with cream or cold milk added if preferred. It should then be inhaled before drinking.  :grin:

Not for me it wouldn't, I like the smell of the coffee from the jar, and my coffee frothy....blame lattes

GrannyMac

Same as Alex for tea, but rarely use a teapot these days. I'm fussy about using freshly boiled water for tea though, water thats been reheated tastes different.

Instant coffee at home, I like it milky with brown sugar. Flat white is my usual choice if I'm out.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖