What a drip..

Started by Scrumpy, May 23, 2024, 08:57:35 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

...or contact the Taliban and ask them to come and run the country.

At least that might stop the influx of immigrants.  Every cloud, etc etc

klondike

A spoiled ballot with "NONE OT THE ABOVE" will be counted but not categorised. I was considering doing that with my postal Police Comissioner ballot but in the end I couldn't be bothered to do that either. I still have no idea who won.

May 24, 2024, 10:58:07 AM
I looked it up. It shows the classifications applied to spoiled ballots

Thursday 2 May 2024
Thursday 2 May, 2024 election results
Declaration of result of poll
Northamptonshire Police area
I, Anna Earnshaw, being the Police Area Returning Officer at the above election, do hereby give notice that the number of votes recorded for each Candidate at the said election is as follows:

Name of candidate Description Number of first preference votes
Emberson, Martyn Anthony Conservative and Unionist Party 39714
Gunn, Ana Savage Liberal Democrats 27799
Stone, Danielle Labour and Co-operative Party 43684 Elected
* If elected the word 'Elected' appears against the number of votes.

Rejected ballot papers - Northamptonshire Police area
The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows: Number of ballot papers
A - want of an official mark 0
B - voting for more candidates than voter was entitled to 176
C - writing or mark by which voter could be identified 2
D - being unmarked or wholly void for uncertainty 853
E - rejected in part 0
Total 1031

I imagine it was a Conservative before.

ansu

Quite interesting. I have never thought that voting could be such a problem for you. At school our English teacher told us that elections in the UK are no problem, as there are only two parties contrary to us. 

klondike

Quote from: ansu on Today at 10:13:29 AMthere are only two parties
There are only two that ever get enough votes to form a government. That's because for each seat whoever gets the most votes becomes the representative and the losing votes count for nothing. Smaller parties like the Liberal Democrats tend to put most of their effort in Parliamentary elections into a restricted number of places so a modest share of the national vote can still reward them with a number of seats while those with a broader geographic reach may get more votes but no seats.

JBR

Quote from: ansu on Today at 10:13:29 AMQuite interesting. I have never thought that voting could be such a problem for you. At school our English teacher told us that elections in the UK are no problem, as there are only two parties contrary to us.
Although your teacher is incorrect, I can understand his/her meaning because in practice we seem to live under a two-party system.

In fact, we have several political parties which usually stand at general elections.
The 'two-party' situation is, of course, because most people can only seem to vote for one of the two.  More fools them.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire