Has Anyone Started to Review Their Energy Usage?

Started by Diasi, August 29, 2022, 03:06:10 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Sounds like even just retaining BST isn't an attractive option for you. Those hours mean primary school children just about manage daylight each way but anything else would mean starting out in the pitch dark when people are heading to work.

Double summer time would actually suit us in the south quite well and maybe save some energy. Perhaps they should look at different timezones as changing school hours would be too much of a disruption.

Raven

Scrumpy

Today I started my shower every other day routine..
I brushed then stuck my unwashed hair behind my ears. I stood at the sink and started at the top and worked down.. Blimey !!.. I can still lift my leg up and stick my foot in the sink..

It bought back memories of my childhood.. We only had a bath on Sunday ready for school next day.. We had strip down washes at the kitchen sink .. no heating..
My mum used to call it the three 'Fs'  Face.. Fanny.. Feet..  :grin: :grin:
All the kids around us were the same.. Tide marks everywhere.. !! and horrible Gibbs tooth powder.. (pink)...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

OOOOHHHH I remember that pink tooth powder, my Nana used to use it. She was the only one in the house that used it, I remember trying it once and spluttered for ages afterwards.

Sheila

I was amazed today when Paul ordered a fleece outfit with hoody to wear at home.  This is a man who won't wear pyjamas and doesn't feel the cold.  Looks as though he is getting prepared!

Neither of us will cut down on our morning shower.  We've got quite a big house so maybe we will have to use fewer rooms and shut the rest off.

We have a halogen cooker which we have been using more often and make 'proper' chips in an Actifry.  I've not really thought about trying to save costs before but it looks as though I may have to start.

Alex

I tried to order a new airfryer, a larger one but delivery from Amazon is October !

Countryman

Scotland will soon be an independent country, no doubt, so let them have their own time to suit their needs. Issue solved!

klondike

I'm not certain about the "no doubt". Independence is for the heart and I can understand the passions for it. I'm not  at all sure that the practicalities stack up though. Then it becomes a matter of persuading more than 50% to take the chance and that will be tough going. At least I think it will.

Raven

Quote from: Diasi on August 30, 2022, 09:16:05 AMI won't be using our leisure centre (not that I ever have or ever would), especially at £5 a pop.

Most of us daily users have a membership of one kind or another. Mine is £46 a month. That gives me 7days a week access from 6.30am to 10.pm.
Swimming Pool.
Steam Rooms.
Saunas.
Jacuzzis.
Gym.
Showers.
Cafe.

GrannyMac

Raven, mine is only £26. Discount on food and drink in the cafe too. Bargain.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

WOW, I don't know how they can do that. When I was still a member of the Perth Pool I was paying £25.50. 15 years ago. It's gone up a good bit too according to a pal in  Perth I was swimming with on my last trip down there. Still it works out around £11 a, week and for 6 visits a week it's under £2 a time, so I won't grumble. 😉

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 30, 2022, 12:15:28 PMIt bought back memories of my childhood.. We only had a bath on Sunday ready for school next day.. We had strip down washes at the kitchen sink .. no heating..
My mum used to call it the three 'Fs'  Face.. Fanny.. Feet..  :grin: :grin:
All the kids around us were the same.. Tide marks everywhere.. !! and horrible Gibbs tooth powder.. (pink)...
Gibbs tooth powder, yuk, everyone rubbing their toothbrush in the same tin & then there was breathing in some of the powder.

At least your Mum got the three F's advice in a reasonable order.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

... and we all shared the same flannel.  !!  :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]