Arabs kicking off again

Started by Alex, October 07, 2023, 10:08:56 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on October 10, 2023, 09:40:19 PMI reckon the only thing to snap will be the strings on Sleepy Joe. :wink:

Isn't he luverly!
Sorry to go off-topic, but that made me think.
I can't imagine for one minute that 'Sleepy Joe' really has any power in the running of America.
He'd be better off in an old people's home.

No, I'm sure that he's nothing more than a figurehead, and an embarrassing one at that.
There must surely be some far more sensible people actually running the country and making all the important decisions.  At least, I hope so!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on October 10, 2023, 10:50:41 PMThere must surely be some far more sensible people actually running the country and making all the important decisions.  At least, I hope so!
Do you know I have exactly the same thoughts about the UK....

Ashy

we seem to have entered the era of not-very-sensible politicians-who-believe the impossible can be achieved if they legislate for it.

Based on the fact that Canute never passed a law saying the sea must obey him.

Alex

Wouldn't it be good to see British police follow the French method of dispersing Hamas supporters  ?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1711752128723911110

Diasi

I couldn't tell whether or not they were Hamas supporters, but I imagine they were Palestinian supporters.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I thought Putin's aggression to Ukraine was bad when it started, but this is just awful in so many ways. I never thought I would live to see these kind of atrocities on the evening news, it makes me sick to the very core of my being.  :cry:

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on October 11, 2023, 09:35:11 PMI couldn't tell whether or not they were Hamas supporters, but I imagine they were Palestinian supporters.

FFS don't you start !  :yell:

Diasi

The really sad thing is that all this would never have happened if we hadn't interfered in 1939 & Israel hadn't been created in 1948.

The UK has been instrumental in causing so much world disruption & we shouldn't complain if we continue to get our share of the very predictable fallout.

Anyway it's keeping that dreadful Willoughby woman off the news, well nearly.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on October 12, 2023, 06:03:36 AMThe really sad thing is that all this would never have happened if we hadn't interfered in 1939 & Israel hadn't been created in 1948.

The UK has been instrumental in causing so much world disruption & we shouldn't complain if we continue to get our share of the very predictable fallout.

I believe it was a joint decision by the winners of the Second World War, basically us, the commonwealth countries, and the US.

After their decimation by the Nazis, I think that the feeling was that the Jews deserved a country of their own.  Palestine once was their homeland, and somehow the muslims were happy to live among them.

More recently, of course, the muslims want the lot: ALL of the Middle East.
Their religion dictates to them that it is their duty to take over the whole world eventually.

Reading in the press, and looking at readers' comments, there seems to be many people - with English names - who believe exactly the same.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

The issue goes back a long way, and it was manifested in 1914 at the start of the first war. There were Zionists active in the British government and parliament then, notably the then Lord Rothschild. The Balfour declaration published in 1917 is evidence of this; if we believe the records the British government did not intend to disadvantage the Arabs in Palestine at that time, but by 1948 they did not have the resources to protect them. The Arab occupants of Palestine were not asked.