Off topic

Started by klondike, January 07, 2022, 09:51:07 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

As everybody here knows many topics drift away from the opening post. In the case of Brian over the way as often as not with the first reply. I have seen the odd gripe here just realised not here actually but in the other place from folks who start a thread and object to it wandering away from what they wanted discussed. 

For me the idea of rigidly enforcing a thread to stay on the original topic is a bit of an anathema as I prefer the free flow of ideas that I find are rather spoiled if there is a rigid requirement to "stay on topic" especially if reminded to by a forum moderator. I invariably just walk away from any forum where I see that happen.

What are the views here?

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

I agree that I have no objection to people going off topic.  We are like a bunch of friends having a natter.

crabbyob

on the other hand i dont care how much you LIKE beef, nor Milk... if their very existence is the main cause of global warming then they should be gone... :cowboy:

Michael Rolls

well, there's off topic, and there's off topic!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

There is a topic on that though. Just not this one. Maybe that counts.  :grin:

klondike

Do you reckon that  :cowboy: looks a bit Village People?
Askin for me...

Scrumpy

Spam at the Co-op is on special...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Wandering Walter

Great I will stock up great fishing bait :wink:

klondike

The cheap stuff is good too and obviously costs less. It used to be one of my baits of choice but I haven't actually used it as a born again angler.

Alex

It happens to the best of threads !   :cool:
We all wander off topic, I've no objection with someone saying "to get back on track " or something like that, I've done it myself.  But to start a thread complaining about folk going off topic, well that's a bit OTT ........... and I don't mean this thread klondike  :grin:

klondike

I've not seen a thread starting with that but I have seen moans about one going off topic part way in. Few have stayed on the topic I started on here but I see that as an adequate answer to my question in itself.

Wandering Walter

Quote from: klondike on January 07, 2022, 11:39:23 AM
The cheap stuff is good too and obviously costs less. It used to be one of my baits of choice but I haven't actually used it as a born again angler.

I only use it occasionally for Carp or Chub , I prefer hair rigged pellets worms and bread Maggots 

Raven

klondike