Too late I fear

Started by klondike, December 12, 2022, 10:21:22 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Even if successful.

Tories Including Top Donor, Senior MPs Launch Campaign to Restore Party Democracy After Sunak Coup

A campaign to restore Conservative (Tory) Party democracy including a top donor and former Cabinet minister has been launched following the coup that installed tax-hiking Rishi Sunak as premier without consulting members.

The Conservative Democratic Organisation (CDO) boasts Peter Cruddas, a member of the House of Lords, former party treasurer, and major donor as President, and aims to "take back control" from the party's parliamentary elite and empower party activists and members, who have frequently found themselves at odds the MPs who represent them on key issues such as Brexit and especially immigration in recent years.

Indeed, the gulf between the parliamentary party and the party at large is now starker than ever, with the government led by Rishi Sunak, who was resoundingly rejected by members in favour of Liz Truss earlier this year, and Jeremy Hunt, who was even more resoundingly rejected in favour of Boris Johnson in 2019.

Full story https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/12/11/tories-including-top-donor-senior-mps-launch-campaign-to-restore-party-democracy-after-sunak-coup/

Someone in the Tory hierarchy has eventually noticed the polls. Possibly they have also noticed that just about nothing in the country is working properly and as they have been in power for 12 years it's a tad difficult blaming Labour. Their glory days of facing Corbyn are long over. Most of the electorate have not had the misfortune to see just how badly things go with Labour as they had the get out of jail free card of the banking collapse to hide their own malfeasance.

So now they think they'll try to reorganise the deck chairs.

Scrumpy

Nasty lot of back stabbers.. Digging their own graves...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..