Football - again!

Started by GrannyMac, February 28, 2024, 06:02:54 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Both BBC and ITV are showing football tonight.  Its not the first time this week.  Thank goodness we have some recorded programmes to watch.  🙁
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Good old Netflix.. Prime.. iPlayer.. and all the others..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on February 28, 2024, 06:02:54 PMBoth BBC and ITV are showing football tonight.  Its not the first time this week.  Thank goodness we have some recorded programmes to watch.  🙁
Exactly.

Both ITV & BBC have a plethora of channels that they could use for sport without using the main channel.

I'm sure 3-yr-olds aren't watching CBeebies in the evening & ITV could use one of their channels which normally shows moronic programmes.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Moan, moan, moan.   This is the FA Cup, part of British history since 1871  Last night a group of kids from Liverpool, Chester and Warrington beat a Premier League team - I'm happy 😄

klondike

Hope you weren't watching live TV Alex  :smiley:

Alex

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 29, 2024, 04:50:08 PMit's soccer

Maybe to you Mike, but to 99.9% of Brits it's Football !

Michael Rolls

can I help it if they're wrong?
[email protected]

Alex

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Well to Americans it's soccer because to them football is a different game.

Being a smartarse I used google translate which said football is calcio in Italian. I always reverse translate to see what sort of rubbish it comes back as. In this case calcio is apparently soccer in English  :grin:

Alex

ITV and BBC plus millions of football fans in this country and in Europe do call it 'football' and have done for generations.  The Germans call it fußball, the French call it le football,
Spanish fútbol, no idea why the Italians use the word 'kick' to describe the game.

The majority of US fans use the word 'soccer'because there is another more popular sport there that they call football.  We call that American football, the Germans call it American football, perhaps other European countries do the same I'm not sure. 

Hopefully I'll remember not to take Mike's bait next time.

🤓

Scrumpy

I don't watch Coronation Street , Eastenders or Emmerdale but they continue to show these soaps.. They are part of British television..
This also applies to football .. The FA cup.. It is British.. don't take it away..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

[email protected]