Fool Me Once

Started by Alex, January 02, 2024, 09:25:50 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Anyone watching this ? I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but I like Joanna Lumley so will persevere.

The eight-part mystery drama is the latest in a successful string of adaptations of works by American writer Harlan Coben.

Michelle Keegan leads the cast as widow Maya Stern with veteran actress Joanna Lumley starring as her poisonous mother in-law Judith Burkett.

The story sees the young mother thrown into a world of conspiracy after discovering her seemingly dead husband alive and well.

klondike

Thanks. 
Good writeup in today's Mail. I've downloaded it and will give it a go. Will be after News Reader S02. 

Scrumpy

I might give it a go..
I did start watching The Tourist but it didn't keep me interested..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

I have just watched the first episode of Fool Me Once.
Not sure if it is my thing..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I like Harlan Coben's books, they're set in America.  Not sure how they'd translate to England?
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Yes, we're watching it right now.  Intriguing.

Coincidentally (as will become clear) we go into Cheadle quite often and, in order to save 60p to park in the council car park, we (strictly speaking I) usually look for an on-street parking spot only a few yards from the car park and walk a little way further.  It isn't the money, of course.  It's just because the greedy council put up the price from 40p to 60p and I didn't like that.
Anyway, the street where we usually park was closed for parking several weeks ago, the signs stating that the spaces were reserved due to some filming taking place in the area.  We had to use the car park and it cost us 60p.

Yes, you've guessed it.  The large house on the corner is the one where the film's star's sister lives.  We recognised it immediately.

Now I hope it was worth your while reading this information.  😉😉😉
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

You could set up a stall JB.  Or do a guided tour of the pavement.

Alex

I once had a great cheese on toast in a little cafe in Cheadle  :upvote:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on January 03, 2024, 08:18:19 PMI once had a great cheese on toast in a little cafe in Cheadle  :upvote:
Which one?  There are several, and actually some have closed.
Our favourite is 'Jaz Jaz Jaz'.  I wonder whether you have tried that.  Lovely food, but limited seating room.  We usually pick up food to bring to and eat at home.
(Stuffed vine leaves, my favourite.)

Alex

This cafe was on the main street not far from the car park I used (back of Iceland ?) It certainly wasn't posh enough for stuffed vine leaves  :cool:  A nice shoe shop was in the side road leading to the CP and a cafe with a few chairs outside.

Back to Fool Me Once, it's had good reviews so I can only think I've dropped off during a couple of episodes  :grin: because I'm a little confused where it's leading.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on January 04, 2024, 12:12:44 AMThis cafe was on the main street not far from the car park I used (back of Iceland ?) It certainly wasn't posh enough for stuffed vine leaves  :cool:  A nice shoe shop was in the side road leading to the CP and a cafe with a few chairs outside.

Back to Fool Me Once, it's had good reviews so I can only think I've dropped off during a couple of episodes  :grin: because I'm a little confused where it's leading.
Yes, the shoe shop is still there.  Marge's friend runs it.

Yes, it is important to watch closely as it's one of those where if you miss a minor point it comes back to bite you!