Main Menu

Sunak

Started by Alex, May 12, 2023, 11:57:00 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Will he be out by Christmas ? Rumour has it 50 odd MPs are "poised" to send in letters of no confidence, the plot thickens  :grin:

klondike

May faced a no confidence vote and survived it. The Tories have zero chance of winning the next election now whatever they do. They have run out of time to come anywhere close to fixing the mess they have got us into. OK so Labour will likely be worse but the Tories need more than that to survive.

I would like to see them wiped out. Maybe a proper party could rise from the ashes.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on May 12, 2023, 11:57:00 AMWill he be out by Christmas ? Rumour has it 50 odd MPs are "poised" to send in letters of no confidence, the plot thickens  :grin:
Before I left the Conservative Party I said to our MP that Sunak would spark a wipe out & he didn't disagree, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's one of the 50.

I'm certain that he'll vote against Sunak.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

That non-ethnic waste-of-space Badenoch needs to be got rid of, double quick too.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

IMO the whole bloody lot need to go.

Ashy

Makes you wonder why they just voted him in if they're going to vote him out.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on May 12, 2023, 12:03:33 PMMay faced a no confidence vote and survived it. The Tories have zero chance of winning the next election now whatever they do. They have run out of time to come anywhere close to fixing the mess they have got us into. OK so Labour will likely be worse but the Tories need more than that to survive.

I would like to see them wiped out. Maybe a proper party could rise from the ashes.
Many will be aware of my suggestion that Reform (or a union of them and other minor parties) would be the country's only saviour.  Sadly, that would rely on many more people being brave enough to vote for them, rather than the 'two main parties'.
We shall get what we deserve!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

There is also the danger that the money men would scupper such a government. Remember what happened to the financial markets after the Truss/Kwarteng budget which differed slightly from what they were prepared to allow.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on May 12, 2023, 04:14:41 PMMany will be aware of my suggestion that Reform (or a union of them and other minor parties) would be the country's only saviour.  Sadly, that would rely on many more people being brave enough to vote for them, rather than the 'two main parties'.
We shall get what we deserve!
It worked in 2014 for the EU elections when UKIP swept the board, so I just can't understand why people don't give Reform a chance.

I'll be voting for them if we have a Reform candidate.   
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I've seen the term 'politically homeless' used a few times recently. For the first time I didn't bother with the local elections, but I will vote for Reform in the GE if we have a candidate. The last boundary changes meant that although the council ward I live in has returned Lib Dem councillors in the past, Greens at the moment, the parliamentary constituency has a big Labour majority.  

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

just been listening to a version of 'Pomp and Circumstance' - 'Land of Hope and Glory'. Those words always stir me, but I wonder what Edward Elgar would make of the Britain of today
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Michael Rolls on May 13, 2023, 07:09:31 AMjust been listening to a version of 'Pomp and Circumstance' - 'Land of Hope and Glory'. Those words always stir me, but I wonder what Edward Elgar would make of the Britain of today
He would have regretted that someone had already composed Chinese chopsticks or three blind mice.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on May 13, 2023, 08:20:00 AMHe would have regretted that someone had already composed Chinese chopsticks or three blind mice.
🤣 👍
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire