Zoony - MagnetDL

Started by klondike, March 04, 2022, 01:30:51 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

It will be your ISP blocking it

https://torrentfreak.com/hollywood-netflix-obtain-high-court-orders-to-block-dozens-of-pirate-sites-220304/

You just need to use a free vpn to access it.

Check TunnelBear or Red Panda both will operate as browser extensions and only need activating when you use MagnetDL

zoony

zoony

Aah, that's better. I was fretting at having to watch terrestrial tv again.. :grin:  Don't get along with VPNs but if I have to use one then Tunnelbear it is..

klondike

Tunnelbear does have a limited amount of monthly data but you only need use it to actually get the magnet link not to run the torrrent. You used to be able to tweet and get more (all that involves is setting up a Twitter account and giving the details to tunnelbear then clicking something to have it tweet). I haven't needed it in years so I'm not sure if that is still on offer.

You can either run it as a desktop app or browser extension. There are arguments for both. As an app is easier to control but there is more chance you'll forget and chew through all the data when the torrent starts running.

My own ISP is Vodafone who resell the City Fibre package I have and they don't seem to get served with these high court orders.

zoony

I paid a 3 yr subscription this time which I've not done before but I don't know anything about apps. I develop separation anxiety if I can't access Magnet.  :grin: Can you use Vodaphone for a land-line provider as well?.. Virgin seem to be expensive..

klondike

Virgin are usually expensive. Their business model hinges around getting you in then bumping the price at renewal time. You can get a reduction but only in return for extending the contract.

I only went with Vodafone because I wanted City Fibre and they were the only ones selling it at the time. It isn't cheap at £35 but it is 500/500Mbps. I don't know what they'll want come renewal. That includes a phone line but no call package.

I was with VM at one time but had a couple of periods where it was badly oversold and really crawled. What made me get shot was having negotiated a good price I got an email about an increase. It wasn't a huge increase but phoning them was a pita. The email said I could cancel without penalty. I ordered a FTTC connection from somewhere and phoned VM to tell them I was cancelling with no penalty as per their email. They then said the email was a mistake and I couldn't cancel. I had to go through the CEO office to get it sorted out and they let me off the month I was expecting to have to pay. There was overlap because I'd had an Openreach no show when I was going to leave VM before so I made sure that the new line was in before cancelling VM.

They are all a bunch of shysters.