RT Closed Down

Started by Alex, March 03, 2022, 01:12:36 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I often watch RT's news channel, not anymore it seems.   I think this is so wrong that politicians decide what we can and can't watch.  As it stands Russia is allowing its citizens access to BBC News, but UK is denying its citizens access to RT and here's me thinking we were the democratic state.  :shocked:

klondike

Quote from: Alex on March 03, 2022, 01:12:36 PM
here's me thinking we were the democratic state.  :shocked:
I lost that particular illusion shortly after June 23 2016. Stalin said it doesn't matter who votes it's who counts the votes. Our lot muffed the counting but tried to correct that by altering the meaning of what had been voted on.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on March 03, 2022, 02:15:25 PM
I lost that particular illusion shortly after June 23 2016. Stalin said it doesn't matter who votes it's who counts the votes. Our lot muffed the counting but tried to correct that by altering the meaning of what had been voted on.

It wasn't for lack of trying, the Remainer-based Electoral Commission registered 2, million youngsters who'd missed the deadline & were obviuosly Remain voters, so they could vote.

As for RT I think it's right that it's been banned, I'd agree with Russia banning the BBC if we'd invaded Ukraine.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on March 03, 2022, 02:45:22 PM
It wasn't for lack of trying, the Remainer-based Electoral Commission registered 2, million youngsters who'd missed the deadline & were obviuosly Remain voters, so they could vote.

As for RT I think it's right that it's been banned, I'd agree with Russia banning the BBC if we'd invaded Ukraine.

Wouldn't you want to decide for yourself what was propaganda and what wasn't ?

klondike

There is certainly some going on. Russian TV showing two versions of same picture. One with a Z painted on a destroyed vehicle  which would make it current and the same picture with no Z which would apparently make it nearly a decade old.

Russians saying the Z was photoshopped on an old picture to make it look current. Possible no doubt but it occurs to me that it is easier to remove something than to add it. Who is lying? Who knows.

BBC News - Ukraine: Watching the war on Russian TV - a whole different story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60571737

The first casualty of war is often the truth.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on March 03, 2022, 03:05:27 PM
Wouldn't you want to decide for yourself what was propaganda and what wasn't ?

In this instance no, as I'd be hard-pressed to believe that the bombings in the Ukraine were all computer generated or photo-shopped images & were just anti-Russian propaganda.

Anyway it's about the efforts to totally isolate Russia by all possible means.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]