What have you been watching...

Started by zoony, April 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM

« previous - next »

hugh

Some thing very different which I have enjoyed The Midwich Cuckoo. on sky.
Happy Golfer

klondike

Rewatched The Omen. Showing its age but still not a bad watch. Will give Omen 2 a whirl too soon. I think I must have seen these in the cinema originally but possibly on TV later too.

Raven

I've always enjoyed the original "Omen" but not the other 2.

klondike

From memory (possibly a false one and certainly a poor one) knives figured more prominently in the second. I don't think I'll be seeking out the later remakes.

From what I've seen of 2021/2022 films I may well be sticking to TV series and classic films all of which I have seen before but with my memory will certainly stand a return visit. I have hard drives full of them. Given the amount of time I spend in front of a TV there could easily be enough to outlast me.

klondike

Well I watched Omen 2. Not impressed. It was just a series of cameo incidents involving the deaths of those posing a threat to Damien. 

Raven

I think as the first was such a success they decided to make 2 more of his life. No 2 when he was a teen and at cadet college no 3 when he had taken over the business. As I said I only liked the first one.

GrannyMac

Sherwood. On BBC1. Murder investigation series, set in a Notts mining village, where there are still divisions based on the strike. David Morrissey, Lesley Manville head a cast of well knowns.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

In line with my current policy of revisiting older films I gave Gladiator a go. I think I've only watched it once before and that a long time ago. Despite the frankly unbelievable plot line it was still an entertaining watch. 

klondike

Finished Last Kingdom season 5 last night. Big departures from the books now but still entertaining. There is room for more if they choose. 

I did tire of the later seasons of Vikings but being very similar  this has made me consider a rewatch of at least the earlier ones.

-Oy-

Finally got around to watching Season 4 of Stranger Things.

4 episodes in... It's fricky!!!!!!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

I see I have seasons 1 2 and 3. I'll grab 4 although I know nowt about it. Must have seen it recommended here then forgot all about it.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4574334/
Looks a possible. I'll maybe start on it tonight.

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on July 18, 2022, 06:46:52 PMI see I have seasons 1 2 and 3. I'll grab 4 although I know nowt about it. Must have seen it recommended here then forgot all about it.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4574334/
Looks a possible. I'll maybe start on it tonight.

Great if you've seen 1,2 and 3 - pretty meaningless if not.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

I've just had to rewatch Last Kingdom from the start because I failed to remember what went before when I started on season 5 so there is no chance I'll jump in on season 4 on something I haven't seen at all before. I'll start at the very beginning. A very good place to start...

-Oy-

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Season 1 is a lot lighter than it gets - and beatuifully filmed in 1980s style. Think E.T. meets The Goonies :)

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:
I'll try not to let it put me off.