Smile please,

Started by alfred, January 04, 2022, 10:20:37 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

I am of course writing about cameras, varying makes and models of the past,
over many years what with technology and also with micro technology today when taking a picture is easy and rarely can you get it wrong ,

just after W.W.2 the box brownie camera was simply because of its cheapness sought after as many people decided probably as a hobby to take photographs of just about everything,

over the years  almost everything you buy such as say a mobile phone, or tablet. has built in information so its simply point  aim and take the picture,

even more amazing how we can down load it and send it onto our family and friends,

Q; are you a keen photographer, and in the early years what sort of camera did you use then ,and will you share your thoughts with us,

Alex

I've had a few cameras in the past a polaroid, then point and shoot, but now it's my mobile phone and what good photos they take too.   :upvote:

Raven

I have 3 at the moment, :embarrassed: plus my phone one which is excellent for a phone.

I started off with a box brownie that belonged to my mum, then bought a good early canon, had that for many years. Got a Polaroid instant pic one but it was rubbish so it didn't last long.
Progressed to Digital ones only had three and still have them all.

klondike

I used to have both a 35mm DSLR and a rather smaller Panasonic DSLR (forgrt the type now)  each with a selection of lenses but I sold them all on ebay when I realised I never bothered to take them with me due to the bulk - that was why I had bought the smaller format Panasonic but even that was quite bulky. 

I ended up getting a compact superzoom - a Panasonic TZ70. That doesn't get much of an outing now either as a phone is good enough for snaps as opposed to photographs and my composition skills have never been great anyway.

That developed a common fault with them - use the zoom lever and it starts to record a movie clip. Really really annoying. I did swap zoom over to a ring on the lens which you can in options but frequently forget. Add to that I have somehow mislaid the charger.

I do have another Casio compact with the trick of doing some really fast slowmo but the snap quality if anything is worse than my phone.

Unless I come up with a new need for a camera I'll just be using my phone for now.

Michael Rolls

Last time I used my camera (digital slr) was at granddaughter's first communion in 2019. Now I have my phone which isn't as versatile as my camera, but is always with me. Years ago I always had a camera with me - if I intended to use a camera it was my SLR with its bits and pieces. If it was 'just in case' it was my Leica IIc with collapsible f2 Summar which sat in a jacket pocket
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]