Reacher

Started by Michael Rolls, February 04, 2022, 09:25:12 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Just watched the first five episodes of Amazon Prime's 'Reacher' series. Alan Richson is a much more credible Reacher than was Tom Cruise – right size, exudes more menace than did Cruise, although even Richson doesn't come across with the same degree of latent menace as does the Reacher of the printed page, despite which I am enjoying it.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

AhHa I have learned my lesson. I downloaded all the Benidorms then had a thought and checked Prime. All there apart from Season 10. They claim HD but it's just upscaling. Anyhow before downloading via the Emporium I checked Prime and it has both sets of Reachers. Now I wonder how much more stuff I've downloaded that I didn't need to...

zoony

I downloaded the series this morning Mike. Looking forward to it.. :upvote:

klondike

Do you reckon it's worth putting together a guide to your emporium zoony? Lots ask but I suspect none dabble.

zoony

I've put a link up several times but people seem unwilling to use the Magnet system..

klondike

I think stuff needs spelling out. I'll put one up on how to use magnetdl and torlook as backup. I don't run the torrents myself but I think you use utorrent? May even be some youtube on  that. I could put up info on jdownloader and real-debrid which I think does some free sessions. Jdownloader may be a bit complex and I dont recall if there are sensible defaults so I may give that a miss. It is good for grabbing Youtube and others if folks want stuff for offline use though.

zoony

Okay, do as you see fit mate.. :upvote:

klondike

Somebody may use it and it isn't a big job.

zoony

Reacher.. So disappointing.."We don't have handcuffs big enough.." ffs.. He's not that big! Appalling script.. He's not arrested but finds himself in county jail fighting for his life.. It's AWFUL!

Michael Rolls

follows the book - I like it - each to their own
Mike
[email protected]

hugh

Follows the book Mike, I am enjoying it but it does seem a little drawn out Hugh
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

Yes, some of the sequences do seem drawn out for the sake of it - but for me, good entertainment. I was intrigued that as she grew older in the flashbacks, so the French accent of Reacher's mother became more pronounced.
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: klondike on February 04, 2022, 09:48:48 PM
I think stuff needs spelling out. I'll put one up on how to use magnetdl and torlook as backup.
As the easiest way to use the Emporium is to install uTorrent I just put together a brief use of MagnetDl then tried a uTorrent install to continue. Windows 11 point blank refuses to install it. Now I can get around that obviously but I think it would be so off putting that it's not worth continuing with any tutorial.There are altentatives but I'm not going to recommend anything I don't know or don't know somebody else uses without issue. My way of doing stuff is more complex than I think most would want to follow. End of road I think.

Michael Rolls

very true, sir. Totally beyond me, I'm afraid - I have difficulty much beyond the on/off switch - but despite my ignorance, I can work out that yoiu are doing an excellent job for us!
Mike 👍👍👍👍
[email protected]

crabbyob

but in the movie-book theme, if we used mikes criteria then James Bond would have ceased when big Tam decided to stop...
i enjoyed  wee Tam as Reacher