What. !!

Started by Scrumpy, April 25, 2024, 09:21:41 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

A man was on the tele saying he has being trying for 16 years to find a dentist..!!!

The state of some people's teeth are shocking.. So many people walking around with only a few teeth in there mouths.. and some with black stubs.. 
And I'm not talking old people here.. They are young middle aged..

What has happened.. !!  Never before have dentists been in such demand ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

as with most elements of health services, the provision of supply has failed to keep up with the rise in the population
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 25, 2024, 09:24:26 AMas with most elements of health services, the provision of supply has failed to keep up with the rise in the population
It's true.
Not only illegal immigrants, who seem to be seen by medical personnel upon arrival, but also those elements of society who increase the population by breeding like rabbits.

Of course, this is also caused by mismanagement I am sure.  The government, civil service and other authorities seem either incompetent or unconcerned about the situation, just as long as they themselves are looked after.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

OHs dentist closed down, he ended up with an emergency appointment at the Dental Hospital.  His treatment has been excellent, all carried out by students under supervision.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

muddy

Like everyone nowadays we pay .
Also we have over the years taken care of our teeth ./ neither of us were blessed with naturally good teeth and suffered the terrible dentistry of the fifties  when dentists filled your mouth with lead  
Young people as children eat too much sugar and they snack all the time which makes it worse we are short on dentist so the best thing to do is look after you teeth .

Surely everyone must know that by now we can no longer rely on the state we have to take responsibility as best we can .

Scrumpy

Absolutely agree.. 
We should, as adults, take care of our teeth the best we can.. 
Toothpaste can be cheap.. as is a toothbrush.. Cleaning between our teeth is important..
Parents should instil it into their children how important it is..

Alex

I feel like I'm in the middle of a Government warning ad :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

JBR

Quote from: muddy on April 25, 2024, 11:53:20 PMSurely everyone must know that by now we can no longer rely on the state we have to take responsibility as best we can .
I'm afraid that is how things now are regarding the NHS.

It was a very good idea when it was first mooted.  The best in the world in many ways.
Unfortunately, partly due to lack of finances and partly due to oversubscription it is now failing.

I believe the only way to improve things is to do what the rest of Europe does and provide a healthcare system which relies on regular financial contributions from us, the patients.  It would result in more suitable financing of the system and, importantly, compel people to take more responsibility for themselves.

Of course, the ongoing problem of mass immigration must be considered.  As far as I know, those people who come here illegally still seem to qualify for the same levels of treatment regarding healthcare as the rest of us.

I wonder how other European countries' healthcare systems deal with the illegal immigrants who, I am sure, do not have to pay for healthcare insurance.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on April 26, 2024, 01:42:30 PMI feel like I'm in the middle of a Government warning ad :cool:  :cool:  :cool:
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

ansu

Our health system is no longer as good as it used to be. There's a lack of doctors and nurses and, of course, of money. Our government is just discussing a healthcare reform - I don't know whether this will improve the healthcare. Lately many hospitals had to close because of a lack of money. 
I have been to hospital last month and I must admit, I was quite disappointed - no longer the service I was used to and after two days they told me that I could/should leave. As you can imagine the first days at home again were quite hard for me. I had a foot operation and live on 2 floors. 
Immigrants get the same treatment as Germans, partly even a better one, because as they don't pay into the health insurance the government is paying for them and they are treated like private patients. Many Germans aren't very happy about this. 

Michael Rolls

I'm not surprised - and the government isn't paying for them - taxpayers are.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

The Covid jab I had yesterday was done at a GP Surgery which, presumably, was chosen because the premises were able to support a one way system of in & out.

While I was waiting I saw a poster inviting people to register for the surgery online &, among other things,  it stated that no immigration status documents were required!!!!!!!!!!

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]