Busy busy busy

Started by klondike, January 20, 2023, 01:32:33 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I posted about the almost certainly sub £1 balance in an ancient account of my father's before. I posted off the info and got my mothers death certificate back recently. Today there has been a flurry of individual letters...

One asks for my mothers DOB and includes a prepaid envelope
One asks for my DOB and includes a prepaid envelope
One gives me a link to a page on how they will keep my data private

All for something that is almost certainly worthless.

The fourth one is a bomus from TV livencing asking me to either cough up or decvlare I need no licence. I can't decide whether to just register no licence needed or ignore it. I'll probably take the easy option and register but I see no reason why I should have to.

Alex

I had a letter from TV Licence this morning too, it said "We need to hear from you by 15/02/2023 or this address will be treated as unlicensed."  I'm already registered as unlicenced  :wtf: 

klondike

If you go through the process you'll find that the declaration only lasts 2 years. I still see no legal necessity to do it. I just did as it doesn't take long and may reduce the odds of a cold caller who you have no legal requirement to let in or even speak to. If they came my way I'd tell them I don't need a licence and then shut the door.

Diasi

It's no different from having to declare that your car is off the road if you don't tax it.

I don't see why anyone should have to do that.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I've got this e-mail saved on file, they obviously haven't  :smiley:  :smiley:

Dear Mrs xxxxxxxxxx

We have now registered this address as No Licence Needed.
Thank you for telling us that you do not need a TV Licence, we may still visit you to confirm this. We won't be writing to you again until just before your No Licence Needed declaration expires. However, if circumstances change, we may need to get back in touch earlier.

Reference: 41748325
Valid until: December 2024