Not a lot of people know that...

Started by klondike, August 09, 2022, 03:08:06 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Warning: bad language

COMPANIES have admitted that they never record phone calls for training or quality purposes, instead keeping them indefinitely for no real reason.

While customers are encouraged to believe that huge corporations give a shit about their customer services and strive to constantly improve, they don't, and are mainly just taking the piss.

Lucy Parry, staff training supervisor at a broadband provider, said: "What kind of training course would play loads of recordings of irate members of the public swearing profusely while trying to cancel their contracts?

"It should be clear it's bollocks. If we recorded calls for training purposes, we would have lots of highly-trained, efficient and personable staff who could answer routine questions without reading woodenly from a script, putting you on hold for 40 minutes or randomly cutting you off.

"No, we mainly do it so we can secretly sell them on to even larger multinationals who are slowly building a comprehensive database of information about you which they will eventually use to take over your entire life.

"And aside from that we just record them to laugh at people with funny voices."

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/phone-calls-never-recorded-for-training-purposes-companies-admit-20220809224244

Ashy

That was the opinion I had already formed.
I don't know which I dislike the more, call centres or answering machines.

When I was at work our HR department had a habit of saying they would call back but they never did, so I asked their call centre what their policy on callbacks was. They said they would find out and call me back, and that was the last I heard about it.

Alex

I worked in a call centre part time for extra cash, I lasted 3 nights :grin:

Ashy

klondike

My son started work on night shift at a frozen food warehouse. He lasted one night.

Alex