Conservative

Started by hugh, March 07, 2022, 01:35:09 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 08, 2022, 06:56:12 PM

If I couldn't vote Conservative then I wouldn't bother to vote..
So Boris is a prat !!! ... but he has had a rough ride what with Brexit..Covid and now Ukraine.. and nobody has challenged him.. Because they haven't the balls to do so..
I often wonder how those who keep spouting  their mouths off could do any better..

Well half of the Labour Party would be sending arms to Russia.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

crabbyob

yes i wonder if they realise they are Boris's biggest assets... tossers
both my mate and i were tradeunionists, i was a shop steward but he went much further.
but neither of us even vote for this liebour lot now, and it is soul destrying to watch... PMQ's Today at Twelve?

hugh

This next six months will be the making or breaking of Boris I feel, my feelings are based on how he deals with the rise in the cost of living.
Happy Golfer

klondike

None of my private pensions are index linked so inflation could be an issue depending on how many years I have left. I think HMG has two ways they might go considering the huge public debt built up this last couple of years. They may let inflation rip so reducing the capital value of the debt assuming it is Stirling debt (no idea if it is) or they may try to clamp down on it to retain low interest rates. There is only one certainty. We will all end up worse off unless there is some miracle cure.

Diasi

Quote from: hugh on March 09, 2022, 09:41:17 AM
This next six months will be the making or breaking of Boris I feel, my feelings are based on how he deals with the rise in the cost of living.

It'll certainly be tricky for him to deal with a world-wide crisis over which he has zero control & extremely limited options.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

May council elections could turn out to be painful...

Michael Rolls

They near always are for the party in power. Low turnout and only the pissed off tend to bother
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

The question is just how bad. Polling varies constantly and is sometimes inaccurate but considering there was an 80 seat majority in 2019 and I can't see that Starmer is a huge asset the current numbers look dire and we still have a lot worse economic news (and bills) coming.

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/prediction_main.html

Labour still show as being short of a majority but I can't see either the SNP or LibDems propping up Boris plus an awful lot of those shiny new Red Wall seats will fall. Those guys won't be pleased having supped at the trough they'll want to stay supping and if it looks like Boris is a liability to them then the knives will be out.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on March 09, 2022, 12:18:47 PM
The question is just how bad. Polling varies constantly and is sometimes inaccurate but considering there was an 80 seat majority in 2019 and I can't see that Starmer is a huge asset the current numbers look dire and we still have a lot worse economic news (and bills) coming.

That's the problem, there will always be those stupid enough to blame Boris for things over which he has no to little control.
[email protected]

klondike

He or more likey his latest wife is to blame for the Net Zero forthcoming disaster.