Conservative

Started by hugh, March 07, 2022, 01:35:09 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 08, 2022, 08:28:34 AM
not all of them are - the 'green taxes' are self imposed
Mike

In the current situation, as a percentage of the total cost of living increases, the green taxes are minimal.

But I think they should be scrapped along with the VAT on energy, even if it only serves to give us a feel-good factor as it won't make a small dent in gas prices which have shot up by 1500%.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Nah, go on - share - I'm wearing my NCB suit
Mike 😁😁
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 08, 2022, 11:59:06 AM
Nah, go on - share - I'm wearing my NCB suit
Mike 😁😁
is it orange like mine was :?:

Michael Rolls

Yup. Actually, we were only ever shown them, not issued with them
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Oh, and for some reason they were referred to as 'noddy suits', which was a bit confusing, as that term was also used for our best blues
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

it was quite a sight the first day we were issued with them, i dont know how many of you are aware of the 'orange walk' but thats what i thought of as i watched the miners heading for the pit cage... all in dazzling bright clean 'work-wear' with their helmets and cap-lamps, heavy batteries strapped to their waists.... just another bill to add to the costs to make the pits unprofitable... but we didnt know that then.. :waiting:

klondike

The only politician I have any respect for is Farage. He is the only one who has managed to get something delivered which I wanted done.

Alex

Me too, he's not afraid to ruffle feathers, it's no wonder he has to pay for a body guard.

crabbyob

but sadly he has failed to enter 'that place' where he might do some good.... anyone can do the talk, we need him to do the walk [and yes i too am a fan]

Alex

Only because the same old sheepies keep voting Labour  !

crabbyob

send him to Doncaster....

klondike

Quote from: crabbyob on March 08, 2022, 02:17:00 PM
but sadly he has failed to enter 'that place' where he might do some good....
He got us out of the EU without ever being an MP. Who knows what sensible stuff might happen were he PM.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on March 08, 2022, 01:47:10 PM
The only politician I have any respect for is Farage. He is the only one who has managed to get something delivered which I wanted done.

I'll second that.

Plus he was prepared to pay for it by losing his EU salary & perks.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

If I couldn't vote Conservative then I wouldn't bother to vote..
So Boris is a prat !!! ... but he has had a rough ride what with Brexit..Covid and now Ukraine.. and nobody has challenged him.. Because they haven't the balls to do so..
I often wonder how those who keep spouting  their mouths off could do any better..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

[email protected]