Cassandra..

Started by Scrumpy, November 26, 2022, 03:16:15 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Cassandra

Thanks everyone, 'next door' are throwing a party on their 'converted' tug (moored up to his jetty) this evening and I'm looking forward to it. Very honoured too that they have accommodated their new 'grey' import from the 'old country' with such a gesture.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Jacqueline

Happy Birthday Cass, your pictures are wonderful, you made the best decision ever to move to such a lovely place.  Enjoy your party.

GrannyMac

The photos are special indeed! The views alone are a fantastic birthday gift, something to enjoy as the seasons change. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

happy birthday, Martin - apologies for being late with the wishes
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

He is sleeping it off...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 29, 2022, 08:21:14 AMHe is sleeping it off...

Funnily I was up really early this morning and Tillie is cooking the breakfast for my pal and four visitors in the stables as I write.

Last night was truly memorable. Over 70 people turned up and we opened up my stables (and the beer taps) too. In fact some folk stayed overnight as it happened. I must say that being on the Tugs high Bridge (It's a 70ft craft overall) - everything's 'big' out here, looking out to starboard across the lake on a clear cold night and hearing the horn cry out three times at midnight was seemingly magical, I shall never forget it, or all the the kindnesses shown throughout.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on November 29, 2022, 01:07:22 PMlooking out to starboard across the lake on a clear cold night and hearing the horn cry out three times at midnight was seemingly magical, 

Martin.. That sounds wonderful.. Music to my ears..
  A night train blowing it's horn somewhere in the darkness must have the same effect..   I would love to hear that..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..