Brexit battle again?

Started by klondike, November 21, 2022, 01:36:23 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Comeback King Farage Threatens to 'Obliterate' Tories over Brexit Betrayal

Brexit champion Nigel Farage is threatening a comeback to "obliterate" the Conservative (Tory) Party after reports they intend to reverse Brexit.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/11/21/comeback-king-farage-warns-he-will-return-politics-and-obliterate-tories-brexit-betrayal/

Alex

Well something is afoot as far as Brexit goes.  I heard on radio that one Will Dry co founder of 'Our Future Our Choice' has been appointed as an advisor to number 10

Diasi

I think it's quite clear that the Brexit that Leave voters supported won't happen. 

Our MP, who is a really decent honest man, despairs at the way the the Conservative Party is heading.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

I think that Farage returning to politics is an excellent move.
Reform UK, and the other centre-left parties, will undoubtedly take many of the Conservatives' votes, and quite probably some Labour ones too.

However, if Farage joins forces with one or more of them, I'm sure it will make an enormous difference.
Many people see him as a future leader, and I've heard many others saying what a bad move he made in standing down for the Conservatives, especially when they failed to honour the bargain and adopt at least some of his own policies.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I've heard many others saying what a bad move he made in standing down for the Conservatives

If he hadn't there would have been no Brexit because we'd probably have had a Labour / SNP coalition government.  The Brexit party would have taken plenty of Tory votes but virtually no seats at all.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on November 21, 2022, 10:04:23 PM I've heard many others saying what a bad move he made in standing down for the Conservatives

If he hadn't there would have been no Brexit because we'd probably have had a Labour / SNP coalition government.  The Brexit party would have taken plenty of Tory votes but virtually no seats at all.
And that, in a nutshell, is the reason that so many of us continue to vote Conservative because Labour has always been a bigger disaster.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I'm afraid I'll never vote for them again regardless of consequence. As I live in a marginal the consequence is likely to be Labour. Tough - they will really have to work hard to make things any worse than this useless lot have managed. Highest tax levels since the war, none of the public services work, no advantage taken of Brexit freedoms, unfettered illegal immigration and still a net quarter million legal immigrants each year. 

JBR

Quote from: klondike on November 21, 2022, 10:04:23 PM I've heard many others saying what a bad move he made in standing down for the Conservatives

Yes, therein lies the real problem.  The apparent inability of the majority of voters to take the step away from voting for either Conservative or Labour.

The inevitable consequence of our not having the boldness and backbone to realise that there are other options, is that we shall continue with our 'two-party politics'.  Surely, people must now begin to realise that, since 1990, such a system leads absolutely nowhere.

The future is in our own hands!  Will we take it?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on November 22, 2022, 02:19:12 PMYes, therein lies the real problem.  The apparent inability of the majority of voters to take the step away from voting for either Conservative or Labour.

The inevitable consequence of our not having the boldness and backbone to realise that there are other options, is that we shall continue with our 'two-party politics'.  Surely, people must now begin to realise that, since 1990, such a system leads absolutely nowhere.

The future is in our own hands!  Will we take it?

Can't see it quite frankly, remember the SDP, UKIP etc, it'll never happen. In the States similar moves have resulted in the 'TEA Party' a brief phenomena from 2009 fizzling out.

Macron's 'En Marche' party was founded for him in 2016 by his elite rulers at the WEF (Klaus Shcwab). This was immediately successful because the Globalists controlled the French MSM so no-one else gets much screen time or column footage.

More importantly they also count the votes, like the Democrats out here.

Welcome to the new World of facist autonomy.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...