Britons Given Priority

Started by Alex, June 19, 2023, 03:23:06 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Brits are set to be prioritised over immigrants for council property - do you believe this  ? :shocked: I don't. We still come under the EHRC and councils would have the leftie lawyers after them, if Mr Jones was placed ahead of Mr Patel who happened to have 6 kids.

Why do politicians think we're all thick and gullible ?

klondike

Yep. Top of the list for getting the Sorry we don't have one letters.

JBR

Yes, I read about this, but I'll believe it when I see it...
bearing in mind that there is an election in the offing, and what do politicians do?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

morty

I bet this just means that local councils have to pay rent in the private sector for them instead. You know the ones ...swanky houses with 6 to 8 bedrooms

Besides, where are these magic council properties? 
Politicians must think we're fick.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on June 19, 2023, 03:23:06 PMBrits are set to be prioritised over immigrants for council property - do you believe this  ? :shocked: I don't. We still come under the EHRC and councils would have the leftie lawyers after them, if Mr Jones was placed ahead of Mr Patel who happened to have 6 kids.

Why do politicians think we're all thick and gullible ?
It's a smoke & mirrors con.

I have no doubt that the council small print will state that priority will only be given to a Brit if Mr Jones has the same number, or more, children than Mr Patel & we all know that won't happen as the UK's birthrate is rising due mainly to the immigrant birthrate.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

according to yesterday's paper, housing migrants is now up to £10m million a day
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 19, 2023, 05:49:40 PMaccording to yesterday's paper, housing migrants is now up to £10m million a day
It's a shame that they can't house our own needy.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

In my humble opinion they will simply employ two lists.

GrannyMac

There already is an element of local connection about how social housing is allocated. 

This change probably relates to families who are in government leased accommodation whilst their asylum claims are being decided.  If they get refugee status, they have to move out, and are technically homeless.  People of working age with no children usually have to find their own accommodation, but families with children are owed a duty of care by their local authority.   

I'll watch this space.  :hmm:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

It'll be a smoke and mirrors job. Everybody will somehow see what they think they should see. What happens behind the haze may not be what anybody wants to see so steps will be taken to make sure they don't.

GrannyMac

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 19, 2023, 08:21:46 PMThere already is an element of local connection about how social housing is allocated.

This change probably relates to families who are in government leased accommodation whilst their asylum claims are being decided.  If they get refugee status, they have to move out, and are technically homeless.  People of working age with no children usually have to find their own accommodation, but families with children are owed a duty of care by their local authority. 

I'll watch this space.  :hmm:
The whole point is why should local authorities have any duty of care to house illegal immigrant families.

Also, I'll lay odds the rules about people of working age with no children having to find their own accommodation will not apply to single illegal immigrants.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

The illegals don't need to worry about accommodation. They get full board, regular medical and dental checkups, WiFi, a phone and pocket money. If they persuade somebody that their limp wrist will get it (or maybe something else) cut off they become legal and can go on the list. If they have no family here and will therefore be homeless I'm guessing they will be the council's responsibility.

I wonder how I'd get on getting free everything and a hotel if I went to say Goa for the winter and claimed asylum.

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on June 20, 2023, 09:21:37 AMThe illegals don't need to worry about accommodation. They get full board, regular medical and dental checkups, WiFi, a phone and pocket money. If they persuade somebody that their limp wrist will get it (or maybe something else) cut off they become legal and can go on the list. If they have no family here and will therefore be homeless I'm guessing they will be the council's responsibility.

I wonder how I'd get on getting free everything and a hotel if I went to say Goa for the winter and claimed asylum.
Unless they are classed as vulnerable, a child, over 60 or disabled, then they have no priority for housing.  Unless the rules have changed very recently.  Just being 'homeless' isn't enough.