ID cards

Started by Sheila, April 09, 2024, 08:33:50 AM

« previous - next »

Sheila

I wouldn't have any objection to having an ID card.  It saves hassle for people who don't have a passport or driving licence.

The only problem I can see is that illegal immigrants may have problems if an ID card was required to get benefits etc.

klondike

They could have chips implanted when they land. Who they are and where they came from and legal status could be added to their number in the database if and when it is ever decided.

Alex

Imagine the turnover in fake ID cards !!

Scrumpy

Quote from: Sheila on April 09, 2024, 08:33:50 AMThe only problem I can see is that illegal immigrants may have problems if an ID card was required to get benefits etc.
They don't have ANY problems.. They will soon knock up a machine that prints ID cards ..
Anyway.. Who cares about their problems.. We have enough of our own.. One of them being ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Sheila on April 09, 2024, 08:33:50 AMI wouldn't have any objection to having an ID card.  It saves hassle for people who don't have a passport or driving licence.

The only problem I can see is that illegal immigrants may have problems if an ID card was required to get benefits etc.
Oh dear.  What a shame.  Never mind.

I think I'd rather have a strict, Russia-style system than what we have now.
Crime rates would reduce enormously, and illegal immigration would be a thing of the past.

But no.  I'm afraid the future is clear.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on April 09, 2024, 09:50:43 AMillegal immigration would be a thing of the past
Not having an id card wouldn't stop them entering illegally and we appear to be unable to deport even convicted rapists and murderers. All it would do is let the authorities to identify illegals (if they bothered to look) and when identified just what would they do with them?

Sheila

Does anyone watch Nothing to Declare about an Australian airport?  I think we should try to borrow their staff who very efficiently put undesired people on the next flight back home.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 09, 2024, 09:59:45 AMNot having an id card wouldn't stop them entering illegally and we appear to be unable to deport even convicted rapists and murderers. All it would do is let the authorities to identify illegals (if they bothered to look) and when identified just what would they do with them?
Prison camps in the north of Scotland, with minimal food and no entertainment.
They have the alternative of stating their true nationality or remaining there for ever.

April 09, 2024, 11:03:31 AM
Quote from: Sheila on April 09, 2024, 10:27:12 AMDoes anyone watch Nothing to Declare about an Australian airport?  I think we should try to borrow their staff who very efficiently put undesired people on the next flight back home.
We also need to patrol the Channel and turn around any illegal immigrants on boats.
Similarly, any found on lorries put in a rubber dinghy (of which we must have many now) and dropped off mid-Channel.

Actually, it would pay the French to work with us, as the only reason for there being so many illegals in the north of France is the attraction of coming to Treasure Island.

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on April 09, 2024, 09:59:45 AMNot having an id card wouldn't stop them entering illegally and we appear to be unable to deport even convicted rapists and murderers. All it would do is let the authorities to identify illegals (if they bothered to look) and when identified just what would they do with them?
If I know the British government (I use the term loosely), they would give them identity cards and all the support they get now. At present a failed asylum seeker continues to receive the same level of assistance as a claimant and we know how many have been sent back to where they came from.

Diasi

Quote from: Sheila on April 09, 2024, 08:33:50 AMI wouldn't have any objection to having an ID card.  It saves hassle for people who don't have a passport or driving licence.

Dream on, not having an ID card won't mean illegal immigrants are left penniless & starving on the streets & or dying with no medical treatment.

Just as no driving licence doesn't stop people from driving.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

muddy

The latest lot

Where are they mainly coming from ?

Iran , Afghanistan and Turkey

Barring a few token children these are SLEEPERS !

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/press-release/726

JBR

I have been wondering, is the government subsidising the traffickers?
It wouldn't surprise me if they are, because they clearly want more and more illegal immigrants...
for some reason.

muddy

Iran will activate them at some point .
All these penniless illegals .
Where in their godforsaken countries do they get the money to pay people 'traffickers ' 
I suspect these people are paid by Iran 

klondike

In 1642 we had a civil war caused at least partly by religion. I wonder if we can manage to hold on for 500 years before the next. It is looking less likely we will. It may even come soon enough for me to see it.

JBR

Quote from: muddy on April 09, 2024, 02:43:38 PMIran will activate them at some point .
All these penniless illegals .
Where in their godforsaken countries do they get the money to pay people 'traffickers '
I suspect these people are paid by Iran
Nail on head, Muddy.

It makes a lot of sense.  After all, it is a well-known fact that Iran is our enemy and what better way to defeat us without having to go to the trouble of attacking us militarily?
Give them their due.  They have done their homework and know how the land lies here with many years of incompetent governments.
Just send in thousands of under-cover invaders.  Tell them to keep quiet, but take everything we give them and breed like rabbits.  It won't take long before they outnumber us and take over the country without a shot being fired.