Car Tax

Started by Alex, February 18, 2024, 12:45:43 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

New rates from April  1st. will cost us old banger drivers more ! 
 Get yer purse out Scrumps  :smiley:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/new-car-tax-changes-april-28652303?int_source=nba

JBR

It is inevitable that all taxes and compulsory payments in any way connected to the government will increase annually.

I see that EV owners are still not obliged to pay road tax, although they still use the roads AND due to their cars being heavier must create more surface wear or damage than the rest of us.

The government, of course, still wants everyone to buy an electric car because they are determined to achieve their holy grail: 'nett zero', which is, of course, unachievable.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

My motor is so old It doesn't even show on the list.. :grin:

There is an Expensive Car Supplement.. If a car was bought for over 40,000 in the last five years .. this will add 410 ..

I might pop over the other side and tell  Brian..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

Remember when it was £5 and the labour government put it up to £25? Bloody Wilson

Raven

Government's losing it's money making road tax because of people moving to electric cars, wait until everyone's moved, bet they start hitting the people with road tax PDQ.

Michael Rolls

and so they should. The EVs are not pollution free, the building of them creates a lot pf pollution. They also cause more damage to the roads because they are heavier  my hybrid weighs around 4 cwt more than its petrol predecessor
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 18, 2024, 03:42:03 PMand so they should. The EVs are not pollution free, the building of them creates a lot pf pollution. They also cause more damage to the roads because they are heavier  my hybrid weighs around 4 cwt more than its petrol predecessor
Exactly.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

They should never have been tax free in the first place, it was all a plan to get everyone over to getting one. Didn't work though many many people have kept their fuel cars and refuse to budge.....myself included.