The Original Site.

Started by Raven, July 13, 2022, 11:36:43 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

You're an absolute disgrace mac. I haven't replied to a Brian post for over 6 months now  :grin:

Raven

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 13, 2022, 09:15:20 PMI broke my rule again and replied to one of Brian's inanities.  :boo:

The Naughty Stool in the corner for you.  :nooo:

Michael Rolls

Brian is so out of this world that I find him amusing
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

I have very mixed feelings about Brian, I sometimes laugh at the opening post, sometimes it's the eye roll, sometimes I think silly ass, and sometimes I want to slap him. Then he will go and put up a sensible post about his dogs, that I usually answer properly.
But, he mostly annoys me.

GrannyMac

Lots of people, including pensioners, are genuinely struggling and worried how they will get through the winter. They don't need someone telling them for the nth time they should have saved for a bloody pension.  :angry:

I miss Akbuk's posts, they're what I mainly read.  I do very few games now, and I've never been a good thread starter. Perhaps I should try harder, I want this forum to carry on, thank you klondike.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Brian is so in his own world that he probably hasn't noticed that there is no-one there.. other than himself..  He rarely acknowledges another's thread ..
I think he has been going too long to be a joker.. They usually like to play to bigger audiences..
I do believe he is just a lonely guy with his two dogs for company..
We could do with him here.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I'd like to see Digitalis here, although sometimes he sounds like he's been on the wacky baccy !  Akbuk I like too.
Brian is Brian I suppose we'll never find out who he really is  :smiley:

klondike

Akbuk is a member here but chooses not to post.

Brian makes some distinctly unpleasant posts sometimes. He certainly has no time for anybody less fortunate than himself. We know a lot of his posts are porkies and I often wonder if it isn't most of them including his personal stuff.

I can't even be sure that his name is Brian.

Raven

He's not someone I really speak to. Same on the first time round, before I left for what I thought would be for good.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on July 14, 2022, 11:20:47 AMAkbuk is a member here but chooses not to post.

I can't even be sure that his name is Brian.

Have you e-mailed him to ask why klondike?  With the mother ship being so quiet, now would be a good time to 'coax' a few over here  :wink:

klondike

He made it clear at the time that he thought this site should close when Chris belatedly got the constant failures fixed. He knows where we are. I don't want accusations of poaching again.

If anybody has friends they could invite it would be good as we are unlikely to get people find us while Google only shows the long established site in a search for "pensioners forum" along with a raft of council sites. We show on other searches but it seems nobody makes those searches.

Sheila

xetog probably doesn't know about this group as he was ill when it started.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on July 14, 2022, 11:41:19 AMHe made it clear at the time that he thought this site should close when Chris belatedly got the constant failures fixed.

Didn't realise that !

klondike

It would be interesting to know if anybody else gets this Refine this search message on a search for pensioners forum.

We come top or near on friendly pensioners forum. I suspect it is only me as I he was v we often checked whether or not we appear in several different sorts. I know from my Google search console that we do get clickthroughs but as we only get spammers and idiots register clearly not the right people clicking through.

Scrumpy

.. I did try to get people over here.. I always made a point of saying that it was a temporary site.. But.. Chris, by his behaviour forced me to choose this forum..
 I certainly wouldn't bother me at this point to email another person/member.. But only those that do not know of this new forum.. People like Em.. No point in sending messages to those that know about us.. They can decide for themselves..
 I'm thick skinned..   They can't hang you for that. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..