Our wonderful Civil Service

Started by JBR, April 15, 2024, 10:43:39 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Our Civil Service has sent hundreds of thousands of pounds to our friends in Iran.  I can only assume it is in part payment for their provision of bombs and missiles in their attack on Israel.

"An Islamic centre branded the "nerve centre" for Iran in the UK received more than £240,000 in government Covid payments despite having a reserve of  £4.2 million, it has been revealed."

What an absolutely ridiculous country we now live in.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Vlad

A government within a government 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

klondike

Scrumpy

One has to wonder who authorised the payment.. Khan controls London.. I wonder who , or what controls our  'Wonderful Civil Service'..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Government spending throughout Covid was profligate indeed.  More do than usual, with many of its ministers' personal friends doing very well indeed.  Even multimillionaires (eg Steve Coogan) who had plenty of dosh to weather the storm applied for support for paying their staff. 

No surprises at all that even enemies of the state had furlough payments given to them.

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 16, 2024, 09:09:22 AMOne has to wonder who authorised the payment.. Khan controls London.. I wonder who , or what controls our  'Wonderful Civil Service'..
Yes indeed.  I'm afraid that our country is becoming increasingly corrupt.
Thanks to the bright idea of having Mayors of London (as opposed to Lord Mayors), who can apparently do what the hell they feel like, and handing control of Scotland (and presumably Wales) to other similar political 'leaders', has resulted in many problems for us all.

As for the Civil Service, a completely unelected body yet which seems to have a great deal of control of our lives, I'm not quite sure when the changes took place to make them appear to have powers beyond any control of our elected government.

I still live in hope that, somehow, things will return to how they were before BLiar and all governments since.
I keep mentioning Reform as a possible solution, and I do hear a lot of support for the party by the general public, in the press.  Unfortunately, at the same time I hear about the inevitability of a Labour government before long.

dextrous63

I've decided to learn Polish. 😉

klondike

Thinking of moving to Northampton?  :grin:

dextrous63

Acton or Ealing perhaps.  Back towards my roots.

Cassandra

Supposedly the Civil Service is merely the administrator - the 'Post Office' for 'Foreign Aid'.

This 'Bung' fund is deemed controlled by 'just call me Dave' - Cameron at the F.O. Supremely qualified to 'non-biased' causes. Witness the 'hands off' way he handled the Brexit Referendum publicity rules by spending £9m of taxpayers money to tell us to 'Remain', when he undertook to be neutral!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on April 16, 2024, 03:44:15 PMSupposedly the Civil Service is merely the administrator - the 'Post Office' for 'Foreign Aid'.

This 'Bung' fund is deemed controlled by 'just call me Dave' - Cameron at the F.O. Supremely qualified to 'non-biased' causes. Witness the 'hands off' way he handled the Brexit Referendum publicity rules by spending £9m of taxpayers money to tell us to 'Remain', when he undertook to be neutral!
I agree.  He is an absolute waste of space and hopefully after the Tories lose substantial support and are kicked out of government, he'll have to return to his 'reward' in the House of Lords.  Hopefully, there, he will have limited influence on the real world, especially as now the government is making more of a stance against their attempts to prevent changes being made, like the attempts to impose limited removals of illegals to Rwanda.
Whether they will eventually manage to send a few of our unwanted, I don't know.

klondike

Quote from: JBR on April 16, 2024, 05:48:05 PMWhether they will eventually manage to send a few of our unwanted, I don't know.
Unfortunately he's on eof the unwated who is very unlikely to go. Not that any are likely to be going anyway. The ECHR and out own courts will make sure of that.