The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Ruthio.. You are so right.. Beautiful film.. charming characters played perfectly by a top cast.. Loved it..

We did a tip run early this morning.. around 10am.. 
When we left the tip the queues were mounting up.. the cars were outside on the road lining up..
Spring cleaning time I guess..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Turned so cold here again, snow back on the mountains and a biting wind blowing. I can't get warm at all, hands are frozen besides being close to the fire. I hate this cold weather it makes me really miserable. 😭😭😭

GrannyMac

Sitting in bed, haven't decided what to do today.  My friend who I was meeting isn't well, perhaps I'll pop into town.  Or perhaps not.  :hmm:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Went to the shop for Apple Sauce.. Came home with milk, eggs.. biscuits ..salmon and blueberries..

GrannyMac

Bedding blowing nicely on the line when I went to the pool earlier. Hailstones on my way home!  

Alex

Off to B & Q for compost ! :zzz:

Scrumpy

I still haven't got my apple sauce..

Alex

I had to waylay a taxi driver to lift the compost into the boot. 

GrannyMac

I'm going to a Local History talk in the church nearby this evening.  I hope its not boring. 🥱 

dextrous63

I went to school the other day.  My teacher told me to think of a word of something I wasn't very good at, beginning with the letter 'N'.

I said "spelling"

Raven

No pool this morning, had to phone the doctors at 8am to get an appointment to talk over this diagnosis with her, it's had me in a panic for a few days and when my new meds arrived yesterday my panic went into overdrive. There's one of the pills I don't want to take as the side effects are/can be terrible.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Raven on April 19, 2024, 08:11:32 AMNo pool this morning, had to phone the doctors at 8am to get an appointment to talk over this diagnosis with her, it's had me in a panic for a few days and when my new meds arrived yesterday my panic went into overdrive. There's one of the pills I don't want to take as the side effects are/can be terrible.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Try not to worry too much..
They cover themselves by listing everything they can think of when naming side effects..
My daughter was on a medication that said side effects can be fatal.. 

You will be fine sweetheart.. at least you are being treated.. 

Raven

Thanks Scrumpy, Doc just phoned and we had a good chat about it all. Not 100% calmed down, but mostly. Got to start the meds today. He basically said my bones gave gone from being Brighton Rock to Edinburgh Rock. Need to do weight bearing exercises too, as swimming is not enough or the type needed.
Always expected to get old one day, just never gave a thought to what can go alongside it. I suppose my horse riding days are over.  [1100]

dextrous63

What the deuce Raven?  I have a few weeks of relative downtime from the forums and return to find that you've gone and touched an inverted Midas and your bones have turned to stone!!!!

I assume your new career as an Evil Kneivel tribute act has curtailed, and that you'll have to cancel the fleet of camper vans that you'd hired from Sturgeon's MIL to jump over.

Scrumpy