Interesting read

Started by Alex, August 27, 2022, 02:27:53 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

On the morning of the EU Referendum result over six years ago, the then EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker gave his response:

"This will not be an amicable divorce."

He was right – but only because the EU apparatchiks chose to adopt this hostile approach and have continued it to this day. By contrast the UK has been completely reasonable.

Above we have revealed that the UK more than doubled its supply of gas to the EU in the first quarter of this year. Make no mistake, the EU is in some serious trouble over the security of its energy supplies, mostly thanks to the ill-advised policies of Merkel's Germany in cosying up to Putin's Russia and becoming seriously over-reliant on that rogue state.

The UK Government could have acted as vindictively as the Commission has acted to the UK and declined to provide any gas. But then that would not be the British way. Naturally the gas is being sold, not donated, but the UK is nonetheless proving to be a reliable partner, as usual.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2022_aug_uk_rescues_eu

Raven

I see Russia has so much spare gas that they are burning it.
What a kick in the teeth for us. :cry:

BBC News - Climate change: Russia burns off gas as Europe's energy bills rocket
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62652133

klondike

Thumbing their noses in a bid to cut assistance to Ukraine. 

Maybe we should nuke Moscow and hope the atmospheric dust cooling offsets the CO2 they released.  :wink:

Scrumpy

The referendum was over six years ago..!!!!   What have we been doing all this time.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

not a lot - well, not a lot of good
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: klondike on August 27, 2022, 08:03:20 AMThumbing their noses in a bid to cut assistance to Ukraine.

That was my thoughts as well. Bloody Putin, nasty wee Scunner, wish someone would put him down. [1090]

Ashy

They used to burn the gas on the Isle of Grain all the time. Don't be fooled.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on August 27, 2022, 02:27:53 AMThe UK Government could have acted as vindictively as the Commission has acted to the UK and declined to provide any gas. But then that would not be the British way. Naturally the gas is being sold, not donated, but the UK is nonetheless proving to be a reliable partner, as usual.
Indeed we could, and following their behaviour since (especially the French), we should.
Unfortunately, we are not like that.
We like to be thought of as 'playing the white man', though in return our 'friends' in the EU just laugh at us and try to be as nasty as they can.

I really think that we should repay them in kind.  No offering them our Covid vaccines when they were unable to obtain them themselves; no offering them our gas now that Russia is withholding theirs; and for God's sake stop offering them our fish which they are now hoovering up to extinction.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire