Main Menu

Hi

Started by Floydy, February 01, 2022, 09:56:25 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: crabbyob on June 01, 2022, 05:14:41 PMbut as klondike says its a lot of bother
It's no bother at all to add one - just go into the admin account, find the right checkbox, click it and click save.

Where the problem crops up is when somebody fails to get any likes after a week of posts and gets the hump. 

crabbyob

is this a test to see if its really me posting   [1160]

klondike

Sorry but I can't interpret what that means crabbyob. 

All I'm saying is that I don't like thanks or like buttons. IMO a post should be judged on whether it is liked or not by the responses to it or lack of them. If all somebody has to do is hit a button it potentially reduces replies and it's replies that keep a forum alive.

If you disagree start up a poll asking what others think. If it turns out that a majority are definitely in favour then I'll add either like or thanks buttons or even both. We have about 20 active posters and I'd count 12 votes in favour as enough unless there are a fair few no votes.

crabbyob

its lunchtime here
i will go and dine
but i refuse to gang up on you   :smiley:
it was just a thought

klondike

I don't see it as ganging up. I don't see this as my forum I just provide the platform for there to be one. In the main I try to do what folk want unless there is some good technical reason not to. As an example I know most would have been happy to stick with the old forum software but for its future health the update was necessary.

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on June 01, 2022, 08:05:40 PMWhere the problem crops up is when somebody fails to get any likes after a week of posts and gets the hump.
:grin: :grin: :grin:.. People will be FLOUNCING all over the place...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

thats it i'm off your playing my tune, do you happen to have an old fiddle?

Alex

I agree about not having a like button, or a dislike for that matter.  It would be so much easier to just click a  :check: or  :no: instead of taking the trouble to write a reply.

crabbyob

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on June 03, 2022, 02:53:47 PMI agree about not having a like button, or a dislike for that matter.  It would be so much easier to just click a  :check: or  :no: instead of taking the trouble to write a reply.

It would, but I get klondike's reasoning as to how it could reduce replies to posts.  If I see a post I like, such as a great photo which doesn't need an answer, a smiley 😆 or thumbs up 👍🏽 works for me.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 04, 2022, 06:38:26 AMIt would, but I get klondike's reasoning as to how it could reduce replies to posts. If I see a post I like, such as a great photo which doesn't need an answer, a smiley 😆 or thumbs up 👍🏽 works for me.

Isn't that what I just said !!!!! :cool:  :cool:

crabbyob

plus it might reduce replies to posts....i'll get me coat.. :halo:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on June 04, 2022, 06:35:24 PMIsn't that what I just said !!!!! :cool:  :cool:

Oops, misread your reply. Thought you were for a 'like' button. I must have been having a 'mature' interlude. Apologies.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

They do work for Facebook I suppose but this place isn't Facebook.  :smug:

Michael Rolls

I certainly hope not!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]