klondike

I think it would just download rather than play anyway

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21450930/force-play-mp3-instead-of-download

[automatically pruned due to age]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I've added an mp3 as an attachement above. If you click it then it will download. It won't play. You could play it but it would all be a pita. I could probably put something together but it wouldn't be trivial and maybe wouldn't work for everybody anyway. The MP3 is me fiddling about with that voice recording site.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

zoony

Quote from: klondike on January 26, 2022, 08:31:56 PM
I only watched a tiny portion just to assess the download but had no problem with the accent. Accents are odd old things. I tend to think of myself as having none but have met folk who have known instantly where I'm from just from talking.

I watched the first episode this evening and had no problem understanding the accent or the idioms though I admit that accent-wise there was no quarter given..

klondike

Something else occurs to me. When I worked as an employee it was mostly international companies and I had a lot of contact with people who didn't have English as their first language. When contracting I travelled around a fair bit and worked with people from all over. I never worked with black Americans and find I do struggle with those accents in the  Bosh I am watching at the moment. Maybe it's just a case of becoming accustomed. Seems likely to me.

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 27, 2022, 09:14:17 PM
I'm still lost
I'll have a look for some scripts that will record and playback sound. This isn't something I want to write from scratch but there are scripts for most things that can be quickly adapted. An optional voice hello from posters may be (or may not be) welcome.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Found some simple stuff but it's all javascript which is not my forte and I need to figure a way to pass the internal stream held by the broswer on to php so I can store it on the server. It does have a save to local disk function so that will be where I need to make the junction. It will happen. Not sure when yet.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

crabbyob

cant someone just put an arrer on that map just to show Mike where he is?.... :nooo:

klondike

Sorry to deviate for the current topic  :grin:

Watched first episode of the Responder. No problem with accents but I had too much trouble in suspending my disbelief that any copper so clearly mentally unstable would keep his job. I don't think I'll watch the rest. Maybe I missed some deeper meaning.