TV Licence

Started by Alex, August 07, 2023, 09:41:34 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

2.8 million people now claim they don't require a TV licence, I know Klondy and I don't have/need one, anyone else on here ?  The telly tax is allegedly 70% of BBC's income so how much longer can they go on without our £160 quids ?  Not that I want to see the beeb fail, I don't, I just think we should have a choice.

klondike

I'd love to see the woke, anti Brexit, left wing gits crash and burn. Denying a free licence to the over 75s was the last straw for me. I watched very little live TV already other than the news and was content to give that little up to deny them my licence fee.

JBR

I stopped paying the BBC Tax three years ago.
I haven't even had any messages from the Broken Biscuit Company, let alone callers at the door.
Should they ever turn up, I shall politely tell them, "Not today, thank you."
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Anybody thinking of ditching the licence who pays monthly is likely able to claim a refund as you may well be paying in advance. I claimed a refund. It's an online form iirc. I just got all the info I needed from google.  You have to sign declarations you don't need a licence from time to time. You could just ignore the request but that would probably cause more hassle than just returning your declaration.

August 07, 2023, 10:14:16 AM
Checked my emails. Looks like the declarions last 2 years...

Dear klondike,

We have now registered this
address as No Licence Needed.
Thank you for telling us that you do not need a TV Licence, we may still visit you to confirm this. We won't be writing to you again until just before your No Licence Needed declaration expires. However, if circumstances change, we may need to get back in touch earlier.

Reference: 
Valid until: January 2025

GrannyMac

We still pay for a licence.  I'll never make a revolutionary. 😕
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I don't watch live TV so have no obligation to pay. If it gets so I can watch live TV without paying I'll either resurrect my Freesat box or more likely just use apps to watch it live occasionally. I currently only use them for catchup and have no iPlayer account.

Scrumpy

I still pay for a licence..
I remember years ago when the detector van cruised the streets.. Some turned their tv off..
The skyline was full of tv aerials..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

We still pay for the TV licence as I use iPlayer sometimes but I object to it being nearly twice the price of the subscription channels.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]