More EV worries

Started by Michael Rolls, August 08, 2023, 10:16:04 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Article in Sunday's paper - ministers are warning that China is making EVs at an ever increasing rate, and that these EVs can have the ability to collect and transmit data that could be used to the disadvantage of owners. Another twist - the Government intends to fine manufacturers who fail to meet the zero emissions targets, thus effectively subsidising Chinese imports!
Ministers are concerned - well they are the government so why don't they bloody well do something?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I's pretty much certain that imported Chinese EVs will dominate the market once ICE cars are banned from sale. Whether they will spy on us I frankly doubt but it would certainly be possible as could targeted failures to charge as such failures happen randomly anyway. EVs imo will kill the European automotive industry which already killed our own for the most part. Perhaps the Germans will become a nation populated mainly with burger flippers, warehouse slaves and delivery drivers just like us. Plus illegal immigrants doing nothing kept by the taxpayer of course.

Government intends to fine manufacturers who fail to meet the zero emissions targets From what I read the target will be a percentage of sales which must be EV. Every ICE vehicle sold over the EV target % will attract a penalty of many thousands of pounds.

Alex

How will burger flippers, warehouse slaves and delivery drivers earn enough that their taxes can keep all the unemployable immigrants ?

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on August 08, 2023, 10:25:58 AMGovernment intends to fine manufacturers who fail to meet the zero emissions targets From what I read the target will be a percentage of sales which must be EV. Every ICE vehicle sold over the EV target % will attract a penalty of many thousands of pounds.
Yes, that's right - I couldn't remember the percentage but it potentially crippling
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Alex on August 08, 2023, 12:34:28 PMHow will burger flippers, warehouse slaves and delivery drivers earn enough that their taxes can keep all the unemployable immigrants ?
Good point.

I'm tempted to suggest that the rich British will be taxed more when the government's money is running low and that they're beginning to worry about how to keep the illegal immigrants in luxury.

On the other hand, I can't imagine that ever happening.  So it's going to be us, the ordinary people (living here legally) who will end up having to pay even more in order to keep such people at the required standards they have come to expect.

We already have white Brits, including ex-servicemen, living on the streets whilst illegal criminal immigrants are looked after in hotels.

I'm beginning to realise that the only solution will be riots.  As things become harder and harder for the average law-abiding citizens, they will see no other option.  Unbelievable that such a thing could happen in this country, but it's certainly looking that way.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

why are political masters so bloody useless? My view is that they have it too easy - a system of payments by results would have most of them out on their backsides tot de suite
[email protected]