Winds dropping again

Started by klondike, December 06, 2022, 10:01:14 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I noticed from my sig on my first post today. I've checked my weather app and they fall dramatically along with temperatures over the next few days. The low temperatures may (or may not) deter the dinghy boys but they will certainly put a strain on how much energy we are using. I'm unsure if the same gas reserve is used for the home gas supply as is used by the gas electricity generators but I do recall seeing that our reserves are only a few days. Now HMG announced only the other day that they were confident that there would be no power cuts so...

Get your headtorches charged folks. Don't have one? I can recommend...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BioLite-HeadLamp-Lumen-No-Bounce-Rechargeable/dp/B08G1XYYL3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=18JOSOJ88YQ0M&keywords=biolite%2Bheadlamp%2B750&qid=1670320658&sprefix=biolite%2Bheadlamp%2B750%2Caps%2C58&sr=8-5&th=1

Very bright. Very comfortable. Last for absolutely ages.

We will be well on track for Net Zero if we don't use any power so HMG will be overjoyed.

Michael Rolls

well, if they are confident - HELP!!!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

klondike

There are plenty of cheap ones too but of course they aren't as good.

Ashy

Here we are again, the wind dropped last night quite sharply in the peak demand period and now it's down to less than 1 GW. It has good days and bad days but it's a very expensive hobby to have on bad days.

dextrous63

Can we not place a shed load of wind turbines along the South coast and use the rest of our turbines to power them as fans, thus blowing dinghies back towards France?

Ashy

A purpose built dinghy mincer might be more effective?

klondike

Treadmills while waiting for claims to be processed is the way forward

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on April 26, 2023, 11:19:09 AMTreadmills while waiting for claims to be processed is the way forward
Aha!  You remember those paddle steamers that used to go up and down the Mississippi?  We could get claimants to use them as treadmills, which would have the added advantage of paddling them back towards France.

Michael Rolls

what a good idea!  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]