Sudan

Started by Alex, April 25, 2023, 08:10:32 PM

« previous - next »

Jacqueline

Saw a couple of people interviewed who were on the plane from Sudan, didn't look very British to me.

Alex

A lot of these Africans come over here just for the British passport, not forgetting the benefits !  Is there anything stopping them from having the benefits paid into their bank account while they're back living in their homeland ?
Maybe Phil would know whether that's pssible ?

klondike

They could be second or third generation and born here. I saw one interviewed who said she only had British nationality and was there temporarily visiting relatives. We have been taking legal migrants for a very long time. Often encouraged to fill crappy jobs us natives didn't want.

Scrumpy

encouraged to fill crappy jobs us natives didn't want..

What !!  Like jobs in parliament.. !! They seem to be getting everywhere..

In time the King of England will be calling people to prayer from the balcony of Buckingham Palace..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Things have changed a lot since inward migration started but the descendants of those original imports are still here and most will only have British nationality.

Apart from in London the taxi drivers in most places are predominantly of Paksistani origin for instance. When we had bus conductors there was a high percentage of Indians doing that job.

Diasi

Quote from: Jacqueline on April 26, 2023, 09:18:00 PMSaw a couple of people interviewed who were on the plane from Sudan, didn't look very British to me.
Well it's the same principal as me getting a Chinese passport wouldn't make me Chinese.

I'd always be a Brit with a Chinese passport & if I'd had any kids born in China they wouldn't be Chinese, they'd be British kids born in China.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

I see that some of the Sudanese buggers being evacuated don't live in the UK & have no family or contacts in the UK. 

All they have is a British Passport.  
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I see that some of the Sudanese buggers being evacuated don't live in the UK

They soon will.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 27, 2023, 07:18:52 PMI see that some of the Sudanese buggers being evacuated don't live in the UK

They soon will.
Indeed they will, as will many thousands more.
Of course, the day will come when having a British passport will not be on everyone's agenda, when we have officially attained third-world status.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire