BBQ time ?

Started by Alex, July 13, 2022, 02:31:30 PM

« previous - next »

Floydy

Can't do with barbecues, too much of a faff. I've been to some where my burger tasted of firelighter stuff or was raw in the middle and burnt on the outside. Far easier to just cook stuff in the oven and take it outside. Then of course there's the wasp problem....

GrannyMac

We got rid of ours, but our son barbecues. We had a lovely one at the week end, there were 11 of us there.  He's into marinading, and the chicken was well cooked Mike!  Roasties from the air frier went well with it. As did the beer, wine, g&ts and sangria!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Quote from: Floydy on July 18, 2022, 12:43:08 PMCan't do with barbecues, too much of a faff. I've been to some where my burger tatsted of firelighter stuff or was raw in the middle and burnt on the outside. Far easier to just cook stuff in the oven and take it outside. Then of course there's the wasp problem....

That's my method as well. Don't own one.

Ashy

Quote from: Floydy on July 18, 2022, 12:43:08 PMCan't do with barbecues, too much of a faff. I've been to some where my burger tatsted of firelighter stuff or was raw in the middle and burnt on the outside. Far easier to just cook stuff in the oven and take it outside. Then of course there's the wasp problem....
Times I've had this out with my OH. Waste of good breath of course, and you only get so many. Cook it in the oven, I say, put it on a tray and eat it outside. Goes over her head.

klondike

But you are missing out on the charcoal outside blood inside experience doing it that way.

Floydy

Mmmm blood and charcoal.... (To be read in a Homer Simpson voice)  :grin: