KIN

Started by Alex, May 09, 2024, 10:27:15 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Netflix, set in Dublin involves lives of a drug family and it was very good.  A bit violent but good.

Scrumpy

I found it hard  to understand what they were saying..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 13, 2024, 02:57:28 PMI found it hard  to understand what they were saying..

I didn't, but there's always sub titles if you struggle  :grin:

GrannyMac

I use them for most dramas.  👍🏽
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I find them far too distracting. I can't watch anything with subtitles other than when used for small portions of a documentary.

I used the use the GBNews Android app on a TV box with my bedroom TV and that had really laughable machine generated subtitles. My main TV has Roku and I bought a Roku box for the bedroom TV. The GBNews app on  that is excellent. 

GrannyMac

I don't like them on anything live because they're out of synch and as you say, distracting.  But my hearing is duff, and the background noise/music especially on dramas can make speech muffled, no choice really unless I want to deafen my OH and upset my nextdoor neighbour.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I found the NHS hearing aids I got uncomfortable after a while. I've used headphones for audiobooks for quite a time and have switched over to bluetooth headphones for some TV. To get proper lip sync you need to get both a transmitter and headphones that support AptX as standard codecs give noticeable lag. Documentaries I can just use the soundbar as it's dramas and films that have annoying background soundtracks and mumbling actors that my past useby date earholes have trouble with.