Netflix help, please

Started by Michael Rolls, January 19, 2023, 10:07:03 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I have a Netflix account and have a vague memory of someone else being able to use it - with my permission, of course. I would, if it is possible, like my sister-in-law to be able to use the account. Is this possible? She lives a long way away 400 miles
Thanks
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Netflix say you can't...

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/123277

Sharing your Netflix account
A Netflix account is for people who live together in a single household.

Sharing Netflix with someone who doesn't live with you
People who do not live in your household will need to use their own account to watch Netflix.

It's easy to sign up for Netflix and we offer a variety of plans. As always, members can change plans or cancel at any time.

When a device outside of your household signs in to an account or is used persistently, we may ask you to verify that device before it can be used to watch Netflix or switch your Netflix household. We do this to confirm that the device using the account is authorized to do so. See "Verifying a device" below for details.

Netflix will not automatically charge you if you share your account with someone who doesn't live with you.

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 19, 2023, 10:07:03 AMI have a Netflix account and have a vague memory of someone else being able to use it - with my permission, of course. I would, if it is possible, like my sister-in-law to be able to use the account. Is this possible? She lives a long way away 400 miles
Thanks
Mike
I don't think Netflix enforce the same household rule too rigidly, when I had a Netflix account my neighbour across the road  used it & when I stopped Netflix she started using her son's account.

The only proviso would be that you'd probably need the 2 devices at the same time package.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Sorry - just  realised that I never said thank you - remiss of me  :embarrassed:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]