Is Mr Punch racist?

Started by klondike, June 27, 2022, 07:20:51 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

This and other important puppet related questions is apparently getting £60k of taxpayer funding so a student can conduct this essential research.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19003324/student-60k-taxpayers-cash-research-racist-puppets/

The project, entitled "Grotesque acts of ventriloquism", will analyse "race, puppetry and performance" in the 21st century.

It claims white artists receive funding to produce "puppet representations of people of colour" that is often "stereotypical".

A student at Queen Mary University of London will lead the research, which was last night dismissed as "postmodern piffle".

Ronnie Le Drew, president of the British Puppet and Model Theatre Guild, said: "I find it very strange.

Michael Rolls

for pity's sake!
Mike  [1090]  [1090]  [1090]
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

'That's the way to do it'. :nooo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

I'm really sick of the way people are now. My whole childhood has been wiped out by these nasty PC asses. I refuse to comply with them and still call things by their correct name, and speak as I always have. :angry:

Jacqueline

Me too Raven, I can't remember any black puppets in Punch and Judy anyway, what are they going on about? 60k down the swanny for some woke rubbish, what is this country coming to, taken over by nutters.

Our schools and Universities are a hotbed of crap wokism from critical race theory to gender benders, no way would I even send a child a mine to these places, about time parents did a mass removal of their kids from school then maybe  they might go back to the 3 R's and give the kids a proper accademic education.

Alex

The parents are just as bad, well some of them are. :rolleyes:

klondike

Woke rubbish? Woke rubbish? That's just £60k. What do you reckon the BBC are spending to educate all their staff about the 150 genders?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/06/25/bbc-staff-told-150-genders-diversity-training-sessions/

Cassandra

Most of the BBC's female presenters (about 85% of the the total these days) sound like 'Punch' after a vasectomy anyway!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

GrannyMac

I support some changes in society, especially in how we address and treat some people.  But like most changes, there's a minority who want to go too far, who look for anything they can take offence over, and want the minority to have the main say. That's what gets reported.  The diversity lobby is getting ridiculous!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Indeed. They do a lot of damage to their cause too. Rather like the dinghy boys cause resentment from many for anybody seeking asylum.

Jacqueline

Quote from: klondike on June 27, 2022, 12:43:26 PMWoke rubbish? Woke rubbish? That's just £60k. What do you reckon the BBC are spending to educate all their staff about the 150 genders?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/06/25/bbc-staff-told-150-genders-diversity-training-sessions/
I find it amazing that mankind  survived for the last 200,000 years and get to where we are today without understanding there are 150 different genders, we managed fine with just two.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Rolls seems to be on form today  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Michael Rolls

so be afraid, be very afraid  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:
Mike
[email protected]