Amazon are odd

Started by klondike, January 31, 2022, 03:05:38 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I bought a new reel and some line for it. The site encourages you to buy the two together by offering a discount. I got texts and emails about DPD delivering. A package arrives. Bloke has Amazon jacket. One item in it. Somebody at the door but this one fitted the letterbox. Obviously the other item.

Not long back a DPD next day delivery could easily have been £5 even on a small item. Now on a fairly modest order they have shipped two items seperately that they were promoting together. Must be some sense in it somewhere I guess.

Alex

Maybe from two different depots ? or some spotty kid got the order wrong...

My vacuum sealer was on the way out so I got a new one from Lidl, this was faulty, took it back for exchange but they were all sold out.  I went on to Amazon to look for one there, I often read the reviews and someone was going on about how brilliant their new sealer was for keeping bait in the fridge !!!!!!!
Imagine opening the fridge and seeing a bag of worms YUK.

Just another bit of useless information for you all  :grin: :grin:

klondike

No no very useful  :grin:

It'll be two locations I expect but why promote them as a package deal when it means two deliveries? I'd guess on it being a right hand left hand communication problem. I was going to buy both anyway which expect most would do.

klondike

Just read your post more carefully. I've always been put off those vacuum sealers because I've no idea where you would get the consumables or what they cost.

Alex

I bought the bags on a roll, you just cut to size you need and they weren't very expensive. 

klondike

I thought they had to be some special plastic that melts at the right tempetature. I'll perhaps have a nose next time they have some. Usually somebody has openened one and strewn the contents across several shelves. The only snag is it's likely it'll be the bags they'll have robbed if like I did they think they are special.