Putin, Again.

Started by Raven, March 31, 2022, 06:03:47 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

This news story this morning is unbelievable. It seems Putin's advisors won't tell him the truth as they are scared of him. I find that very strange. :waiting:

BBC News - Ukraine war: Putin being misled by fearful advisers, US says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60936117

Michael Rolls

actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised - he does seem a 'shoot the messenger' sort of man - I believe the same was true of Stalin
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I doubt he is not the only world leader isolated from the real world and reliant on what his advisors tell him. Considering how unpopular most of them become post election they are probably almost all living in a fantasy world. It's just a question of degree.

hugh

Trying to bring Russia into the free world just not worked, so it looks like its going to be back to the days of the cold war. The standard of living for the Russian people going to fall like a ton of bricks. I suppose we can dream its going to be the end of dictator type rule in Russia we can only hope.
Happy Golfer

klondike

Here's hoping but no breath being held....

Scrumpy

If we can't get involved by sending in military force... and we can't..
If we can't bump him off.. and we can't..
The only way is to make the people suffer by putting up sanctions..
The Russian people fear for their lives if they ask questions or protest..

Wait until the Mothers of the young men/soldiers see their children return home in body bags.. That might be when the worm turns..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

If what I read was true and not propaganda there are no bodies going back. Battlefield crematoria are in use. Not needed for tank crews of course - their ammo does the job when the tank is hit.

Alex

Prior to all this I used to think Putin was ok and I couldn't understand why we in the west concentrated on fearing him, and not the Chinese.   I even thought some of the photos we've seen were propaganda from what has always been a 'dicey' set up in Ukraine.   Today I read the German intelligence service picked up recordings of Russian soldiers talking about the killings in Bucha, so there's no way the Russians can go on saying it's all staged.

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/04/04/questions-abound-about-bucha-massacre/?fbclid=IwAR2ykmsjp4U37nez38_aZPTZID1UmC61jIvgH4tcSGLIgHdLRIjOasc614w

hugh

Germany really got took in by Putin, they have got to carry on buying gas and oil from them like it or not.
Happy Golfer

klondike

Quote from: Alex on April 07, 2022, 01:37:03 PM
https://consortiumnews.com/2022/04/04/questions-abound-about-bucha-massacre/?fbclid=IwAR2ykmsjp4U37nez38_aZPTZID1UmC61jIvgH4tcSGLIgHdLRIjOasc614w

Not sure if it was your intent but the story you linked to is one casting doubt on Russian responsibility not one on what the Germans are saying they heard.

Alex

That was the link I intended to post, perhaps that should have come before I said
" so there's no way the Russians can go on saying it's all staged. " :cool:

Jacqueline

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 07, 2022, 09:38:54 AM

If we can't get involved by sending in military force... and we can't..
If we can't bump him off.. and we can't..
The only way is to make the people suffer by putting up sanctions..
The Russian people fear for their lives if they ask questions or protest..

Wait until the Mothers of the young men/soldiers see their children return home in body bags.. That might be when the worm turns..

My husband said the same about the soldiers body bags returning, but I doubt very much the Russian military will want them back for that reason.  The Russians could say that their dead soldiers are prisoners of the Ukranians, then eventually drum up some autrocity with a mass grave and say the Ukrainians did it.  Wouldn't put anything past the top Russians, they don't have much regard for human life even their own people.

Alex

I wouldn't put anything past the Ukrainians either, they're cousins after all.  I do admit I was wrong about Putin, but the Ukrainians have shot Russian POWs too.

klondike