Car Insurance

Started by Diasi, April 23, 2022, 04:03:24 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Our car insurance, as a reward for another year of claim-free driving, is a 44% increase in our premium.

Of course, when some clown decided to stop insurers giving incentives to new customers, so as not to disadvantge existing customers, it was obvious what would happen.

Everyone now pays the existing customer higher premiums.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Still worth trying comparison sites. I always do regardless of the renewal offer and usually end up swapping. Worth using TopCashback too.

Raven

I change most years as well.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 23, 2022, 04:29:40 PM
Still worth trying comparison sites. I always do regardless of the renewal offer and usually end up swapping. Worth using TopCashback too.

I did do, as I change every year, but I found that the premuims weren't very much less than the renewal quote.

Still, I'll haggle with our existing insurer or go with the one that's £20 cheaper.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Yep. Don't forget that TopCashback gets you a few quid back from comparison sites too. Varies but usually £20 to £30.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 23, 2022, 05:45:07 PM
Yep. Don't forget that TopCashback gets you a few quid back from comparison sites too. Varies but usually £20 to £30.

Thanks, that's something I've never considered.
[email protected]

klondike

It's worth joining. I sink as low as getting 1% cashback on eBay purchases  :grin:

Alex

Do you have Plus or Classic Cashback ?

klondike

Classic. I did have Plus for a while but it wasn't worth losing the £5  or whatever it was at the time. I started out with a different cashback site but haven't used that in years now.

I've had one or two fails on tracking but most have been resolved. I have one right now which will take an age to resolve if it ever does. A house insurance through Confused failed to track. It was still cheaper anyway even without the  £26 iirc cashback.

Alex

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl  :grin:

klondike

I should have given you a referral link.  :sad:

Alex

klondike

Depending on ISP you might find Magnetdl is blocked now but Torlook isn't. It's only a case of following the instructions in the thread on it.