Forum software patch coming (2.0.19 now applied)

Started by Mark, December 31, 2021, 08:51:06 PM

« previous - next »

Mark

There is a new bug fix release of The Simple Machines forum available to take it to version 2.0.19. I have put up a dev version of the 2.0.18 forum running on a backup of the live forum database and installed the update on it. It was a quick and problem free update so I'll probably apply it here sometime soon which will mean a very short outage mostly to take a backup which doesn't take long. Should you arrive and find the forum in mainteance mode I don't anticipate the process taking much more than 5 minutes. Hopefully not famous last words.

For anybody interested in my griping..
The only problems I came across were the various small tweaks I needed to the forum settings for it to recognise its new home. Annoyingly although there is a file called Settings.php that holds some I discovered  it doesn't hold all and there is a database table normally updated via various places in the admin panel which holds others - more in fact. Being a lazy sod I just updated the datebase directly. Probably not something I'd do on a production system. None of those things will be necessary to apply the 2.0.19 update though they were only needed because of the new home. Now it's there I'll leave it in place to test any more updates that come along.

This update is now applied