Illya Kuryakin

Started by Alex, September 21, 2023, 12:40:18 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Remember him  ?  David McCallum played him in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.  He's still alive and kicking and lives in the  US .  He celebrated his 90th birthday on Tuesday.

klondike

I thought I know that name. Puzzled until I cracked it before opening. Thanks for the memory. He looks good for 90.

Checked the emporium. Nothing for the series which is hardly surprising (there are still some Sweeney episodes around so it wasn't that forlorn a hope)  It seems there was a 2015 film.

Diasi

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about a tennis player. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Indeed.  The invisible man.

Michael Rolls

The Man From UNCLE - memoroes
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

And Colditz. Looks good for 90.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 21, 2023, 01:12:15 PMThanks for the memory. He looks good for 90.
Not that good, he's dead.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

He died yesterday, I must have seen that coming  :grin:   He had a good innings didn't he ?

klondike

I guess so. 

To my mind it isn't quite how long you last but how long you can remain independent followed by a swift exit.

Bit morbid I guess.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 26, 2023, 04:57:33 PMI guess so.

To my mind it isn't quite how long you last but how long you can remain independent followed by a swift exit.

Bit morbid I guess.
But the best way.
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quite.  My MIL is also 90 and in declining health.  She had a lovely birthday party a few months ago.  Since then, she has increasingly "given up" and is ready to go.  Her mind is still good, but her body is failing.  

klondike

My father was ready to go for quite some time. He had gout in his hands for several years but couldn't take the available drugs so had a lot of pain. He used to say "I'm past my sell by" at some point most time we visited. A stroke took him in the end. I often wonder if he could have survived it but didn't have the will.

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 27, 2023, 08:47:14 AMQuite.  My MIL is also 90 and in declining health.  She had a lovely birthday party a few months ago.  Since then, she has increasingly "given up" and is ready to go.  Her mind is still good, but her body is failing. 
Quote from: klondike on September 27, 2023, 08:59:18 AMMy father was ready to go for quite some time. He had gout in his hands for several years but couldn't take the available drugs so had a lot of pain. He used to say "I'm past my sell by" at some point most time we visited. A stroke took him in the end. I often wonder if he could have survived it but didn't have the will.
I can recall my Dad telling me, as he was getting old, the time would come when I would know it was time to go.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

How very strange it all is.. Sam must have known something.. He put all his finances in order a few months before he died.. 53.
 I'm going to have a donut today.. sod it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..