Covid.

Started by Raven, September 30, 2022, 07:14:50 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

I had my 5th Covid jab on the 10th September and this time it was the Moderna vaccine.

I had the Pfizer vaccine jabs in Jan 21, April 21, Sept 21 & April 2022.

Apart from an aching arm on a couple of occasions I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

I did & still do wear a mask when required to, but not otherwise.

I have mixed with several people who've tested positive for Covid but I've never done a test, so I don't actually know if I've had Covid or not.

I have booked in for my second flu jab & a shingles jab on the 21st October.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Today, I cancelled my flu jab of tomorrow and my optician's appointment of the 14th, both because I still test positive for Covid.
I sometimes treat myself irresponsibly, but I won't do that to other people.
Still feeling sick and, as a consequence of not eating enough, find myself having low blood glucose levels (around 3) when I wake up in the morning.
My diabetes nurse is going to go up the wall when she finds out my blood readings!   :nooo:
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

Quote from: Jacqueline on October 09, 2022, 01:56:12 PMI am scared to have the Covid jab and scared not to, I am having my flu jab next week, but haven't decided about the Covid one yet.

So much scarey information out there, and I do know a lady of 60 who has serious heart problems which her doctor admitted was probably from the jab.
If you don't have it you can change your mind later.
If you do have it, whatever the consequences, however dire and painful, you cannot reverse it.

klondike

Looking at my covid timeline notes from last year....

Met with the carrier 4/8
Coughing 6/8
Tested +ve using lateral flow 9/8
Symptoms pretty much cleared on 10/8 when I sent in PCR test which confirmed +ve
20/8 at end of isolation still showing +ve on LF. Test and trace said ignore that.
Finally got clear LF test on 27/8

The tests pick up virus fragments which can hang around a log time it seems.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 12, 2022, 04:41:04 PMLooking at my covid timeline notes from last year....

Met with the carrier 4/8
Coughing 6/8
Symptoms pretty much cleared on 10/8 when I sent in PCR test which confirmed +ve
20/8 at end of isolation still showing +ve on LF. Test and trace said ignore that.

I've never registered with the Test & Trace rubbish, I don't want some jobsworth telling me I have to do a test because I happened to be in Morrisons when a Covid positive shopper was there.

I'd be surprised if I haven't had Covid, but if I have I certainly haven't had any noticeable symptoms.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 12, 2022, 04:41:04 PMLooking at my covid timeline notes from last year....

Met with the carrier 4/8
Coughing 6/8

Well it looks like I shall be positive for weeks to come!

I really don't care about that in itself.  I'd just like to see the end of my lack of appetite and feeling sick whenever the thought of food enters my head.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

I've decided not to have the fourth jab, or booster as they're calling it. I was ill with 2 out of the last 3 jabs, not for long and not serious, but enough to curtail my galivanting.  Plus I has a sore arm with all 3.  Maybe I'll change my mind later on, but for now I've had enough. 

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on October 13, 2022, 03:32:34 PMI've decided not to have the fourth jab, or booster as they're calling it. I was ill with 2 out of the last 3 jabs, not for long and not serious, but enough to curtail my galivanting.  Plus I has a sore arm with all 3.  Maybe I'll change my mind later on, but for now I've had enough. 
The fourth jab was in April this year, so I don't know if you can still have it after this length of time.
[email protected]

Alex

Well my surgery keeps texting me !

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on October 13, 2022, 09:17:54 AMI've never registered with the Test & Trace rubbish, I don't want some jobsworth telling me I have to do a test because I happened to be in Morrisons when a Covid positive shopper was there.
I didn't do any registering. I tested positive with a lateral flow test after being in contact with somebody who had symptoms and tested positive so requested a PCR test and that was positive. It was the Test and Trace group who contact you - almost certainly to make sure you are isolating. I got one call right after the positive test and was told when I should isolate til then another call on the last day to tell me it was the last day.

I only posted my personal timeline to illustrate that the lateral flow tests show positive well after the infection period is over. I imagine that PCR tests would too as they both just check for a section of the viral RNA not the complete virus and the breakdown products apparently hang around for quite a while.