Well Done Russia.

Started by Diasi, March 25, 2024, 08:07:04 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on March 26, 2024, 05:27:39 PMThe problem is that we first have to stop convicting people on circumstantial evidence.
I did say "if there is absolutely no doubt of guilt", and this must be proved.

March 26, 2024, 10:44:20 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on March 26, 2024, 05:33:32 PM... and stop this plea of mental health problems being accepted far too easily..
It sounds like half the young population don't work because of 'mental health problems'!  🤣
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

The Term 'Beyond Reasonable Doubt, where the Jury (or Judge) must be 75% certain that they have found enough evidence to convict the defendant always applies. Judges in criminal cases often provide instructions to jurors explaining this test and emphasise the immense importance of adhering to it during deliberations. The Beyond Reasonable Doubt test upholds the fundamental principle of "innocent until proven guilty" upon which the criminal justice system is grounded.

Its most unusual for a conviction of murder to apply where a body has not been found. Indeed there has only been 64 such instances in British Justice since 1660.

The Moors murderers Brady and Hindley were charged in 1966 only for the murders of Kilbride, Downey and Evans. Keith Bennet remains have never been found. At least they served life, but of course in 'Hospitals' as Brady was 'declared' to be a psychopath. Brady admitted to the murder of Pauline Reade in 1980 and the Police kept her remains for 30 + years after the killer showed them where to find her? It was very clear despite a headlining campaign long running by the increasingly 'eccentric' Lord Longford upon Hindley's behalf for parole, that they'd never see the outside world again. So probably the effort and cost to try them for another murder, was not seen as 'prudent'.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

From what I read of Hindley she was the 'Boss' inside the prison and had a large following... If I remember correctly I think the West killer was one of her 'sidekicks'..

And that evil Letby who killed all those babies has found friends inside..

They are living it up.. Fed , watered.. health checks and never cold..
They can sit chatting to their friends .. about the horrors they inflicted on others.. 

And woe betide any guard that might say something that they do not like..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 28, 2024, 08:08:05 AMFrom what I read of Hindley she was the 'Boss' inside the prison and had a large following... If I remember correctly I think the West killer was one of her 'sidekicks'..

And that evil Letby who killed all those babies has found friends inside..

They are living it up.. Fed , watered.. health checks and never cold..
They can sit chatting to their friends .. about the horrors they inflicted on others..

And woe betide any guard that might say something that they do not like..

I fully agree.  Prisons used to be a place of punishment: hard physical work, low quality food, six to a cell, physical punishments for bad behaviour, etc.
Career criminals don't give a toss about being sent to prison these days, and they're usually out in no time.
Has it not occurred to those in power that there is an obvious reason for the massive increase in crime these days?
We wouldn't need to pay for more prisons either: the existing ones would be a deterrent and the outcome would be fewer people breaking the law and being sent to prison.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire