It is happening already...

Started by Scrumpy, April 10, 2022, 01:37:32 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Councils are reporting a 'concerning increase' in the number of refugees becoming homeless due to falling out with their UK sponsors .
Local authorities are putting families in emergency accommodation while they find new sponsors...

A Government spokesman said 'In just four weeks 40,000 visas have been issued so people can rebuild their lives in the UK'.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

The refugees will be traumatised and maybe their hosts could think that they are not grateful enough.

I would not like to share my home with strangers who are used to a very different way of life.  It must be very difficult.

crabbyob

i know i am known for jokes
but i think its worth noting here that when those of us that saw service went in at first it was entirely alien to us, but we werent allowed to up bags and depart, i reitrorate there should be displaced peoples camps where they are looked after, but if they go walkabouts then no benefits... too many of our own are suffering...

GrannyMac

Quote from: Sheila on April 10, 2022, 02:31:58 PM
The refugees will be traumatised and maybe their hosts could think that they are not grateful enough.

I would not like to share my home with strangers who are used to a very different way of life.  It must be very difficult.

Nor me Sheila, I have to admire those who do.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖