Feeling the cold?

Started by Michael Rolls, March 05, 2022, 07:32:38 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

The annoying thing is that the UK only sources 5% of it's gas from Russia, the bulk of our gas still comes from the North Sea but as our North Sea gas has been privatised we have to pay international prices for our own gas.

North Sea gas & oil should be nationalised forthwith, using emergency powers, & VAT scrapped on energy.

Ever since it's inception I've been an avid supporter of nuclear energy, often pissing against the wind of tree huggers, but if we'd committed ourselves to nuclear energy we wouldn't be facing £3,000 per year energy bills.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I wish mine was only £3,000. Four years ago it was £1,800, This year it will be three time that
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 06, 2022, 08:46:48 AM
I wish mine was only £3,000. Four years ago it was £1,800, This year it will be three time that
Mike
I'm just quoting what the average price is likely to be.

For the first time in my life I'm spending time giving serious thought to energy prices.

I predict a situation where I reduce our gas usage to an absolute bare minimum, only to find that our standing charge then increases to £2 per day.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Looks like one cannot win
[email protected]

klondike

We never could. I've always been too poor to gain from the Tories and so rich Labour tax me till my pips squeak.

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 06, 2022, 09:18:22 AM
Looks like one cannot win

Well, for example, if the standing charges for each of electricity & gas both become 0.50p per day, a duel-fuel user will pay £30 per month even if they use no energy.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

State of the world, I guess
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

State of this part of it anyway. Take a look at was Cass says his costs....

Michael Rolls

I did😢😢😢😢😢
[email protected]