Are EVs Becoming Less Popular.

Started by Raven, May 18, 2024, 08:09:48 AM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Quote from: Michael Rolls on May 18, 2024, 07:44:37 PMon the weight question, as I have mentioned before the socking big battery -
The controversial mayor of Greater London has demanded that all London's buses shall be battery electric very soon*, so he'll be scrapping or cascading the hybrids and diesels with unbridled haste. A typical double deck battery electric bus weighs over 14 tons, compared to the trolleybus of yesteryear which had three axles and weighed 9 tons. I wonder if he has considered the risks to London's roads, and more importantly to London's buried services, the water mains, the gas mains, the cable ducts and the sewers?

*News today that this project will be creating hundreds of jobs, in China. At around £400,000 each bus they are a bit cheaper than the "Boris Bus" that was built in Ireland for £433,000 each. There are nearly 9,000 buses on London's roads.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on Yesterday at 08:41:21 PMThe controversial mayor of Greater London has demanded that all London's buses shall be battery electric very soon*, so he'll be scrapping or cascading the hybrids and diesels with unbridled haste. A typical double deck battery electric bus weighs over 14 tons, compared to the trolleybus of yesteryear which had three axles and weighed 9 tons. I wonder if he has considered the risks to London's roads, and more importantly to London's buried services, the water mains, the gas mains, the cable ducts and the sewers?

*News today that this project will be creating hundreds of jobs, in China. At around £400,000 each bus they are a bit cheaper than the "Boris Bus" that was built in Ireland for £433,000 each. There are nearly 9,000 buses on London's roads.
All I can say is that I'm glad I don't live in Londonistan.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire