It's Good News day.

Started by Diasi, August 27, 2022, 08:08:00 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

The police are nervous  of them.. as was the the fire service when Sam was on duty..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 28, 2022, 11:20:41 AMThe police are nervous  of them.. as was the the fire service when Sam was on duty..
They certainly seem to be.
This is what you get when you employ university graduates with social studies degrees.
The old-time police (like the Sweeney - excellent programme, no doubt now banned!) wouldn't stand for what they do, acting like gangs unafraid of anything we can do to them.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

We have a long standing open border policy with Ireland. Predates EU by decades. Eire has got itself in trouble with immigrants recently. Supposedly Ukrainians but probably a mixture of all sorts. Expect to be seeing some of them wander across.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ireland-struggle-shelter-ukraine-visa-free-travel-refugee/

Alex

Oh joy, more wandering across to join the 915 who arrived yesterday

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 28, 2022, 11:20:41 AMThe police are nervous  of them.. as was the the fire service when Sam was on duty..
That's because they are allowed to get away with so much.

We need a ruthlessly brutal armed task force dedicated to dealing with them, who go in mob-handed to destroy any illegal encampments.

Local farmers should be allowed to shoot them on sight when they're on farmland.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on August 28, 2022, 12:12:38 PMWe have a long standing open border policy with Ireland. Predates EU by decades. Eire has got itself in trouble with immigrants recently. Supposedly Ukrainians but probably a mixture of all sorts. Expect to be seeing some of them wander across.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ireland-struggle-shelter-ukraine-visa-free-travel-refugee/
I suppose we could try to persuade the invaders that Eire is a more attractive place than the UK.

Actually, give it time and it probably will be.

August 28, 2022, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Diasi on August 28, 2022, 12:55:54 PMWe need a ruthlessly brutal armed task force dedicated to dealing with them, who go in mob-handed to destroy any illegal encampments.
On the other hand I feel that it's inevitable that one fine day we shall see gang warfare between the 'travellers' (not sure what we are allowed to call them now) and the muslims in order to decide who is going to rule this country.

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on August 28, 2022, 12:55:54 PMLocal farmers should be allowed to shoot them on sight when they'e on farmland.
There are general licences allowing vermin shooting but it seems the legal definition of vermin fails to include pikies. Possibly an oversight.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on August 28, 2022, 01:06:54 PMThere are general licences allowing vermin shooting but it seems the legal definition of vermin fails to include pikies. Possibly an oversight.
Oh!  Is the word 'Pikies' permitted on here.  I know for a fact that it isn't on a certain (inferior) forum I used to visit!