Has Anyone Started to Review Their Energy Usage?

Started by Diasi, August 29, 2022, 03:06:10 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Ha ha!  At least you had a toothbrush and a flannel!

We had to scrub ourselves with old newspapers!

Anyone remember the Four Yorkshiremen sketch by Monty Python? 😁

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Brilliant! Cartoon in the Telegraph the other day - chap holding his electricity bill, jumping up and down and explaining 'I'm not jumping for joy - I'm trying to keep warm!'
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

If you don't laugh you'll cry. How could they bugger up so badly that we ended up like this?

Ashy

One of the reasons may be that politicians who fail are rarely penalised. They just hand in the keys and leave it to someone else to sort out. Some of them leave the country and go to live elsewhere.

I believe I am right that even local councillors cannot be surcharged any more.

And of course their definition of failure and ours may not coincide. Someone made enough money out of a minor computer program that didn't work to replace the entire national electricity grid including the power stations.

And then again we have hoteliers making a fortune with a guaranteed refit of their property.

Raven

Jacqueline

We vote for  politicians to represent us and govern the country, we don't vote for 650 people to do the opposite of what the people want or to have hidden agendas.

If they mess up and don't do their job properly they should be accountable. Perhaps a report on what they have actually done each year? after all they get into power on a manifesto, they should deliver what they promise or we want to know why. 

klondike

Dont forget the buggers on the red seats collecting £300 a day (last I heard and probably more now) just for signing a register to say they turfed up. There are even more of them than MPs and nobody can vote them out.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on September 02, 2022, 12:52:28 PMDont forget the buggers on the red seats collecting £300 a day (last I heard and probably more now) just for signing a register to say they turfed up. There are even more of them than MPs and nobody can vote them out.

Wonder how many would turn up if it were minimum wage.  :wink:

Ashy

There are some 950 in the house of peers and they get expenses too. Every time the wind changes direction the bring out another honours list too.

I don't think the PM really meant us to go out and buy new kettles because the physics of the case says it wouldn't save any electricity at all, so it was a poor analogy for new power stations or whatever he was talking about. But he is a classicist and not an engineer.

Mary Truss is a graduate in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics and has links to the WEF, so don't get your hopes up.